When you buy a gun and have no hunting skills

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: When you buy a gun and have no hunting skills

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Oct 2022, 9:46 pm

bladeracer wrote:
It's a real shame he's given up so quickly though, somebody up that way should contact him, take him out somewhere and show him what it's about - he might well be hooked for life then.

By the sounds of it,,, (on face value) I'd hate to be out bush,, break a leg,, and have to rely on him for help.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Oct 2022, 8:37 am

bigpete wrote:
bigrich wrote:
Gamerancher wrote:Nah, he'll buy a bigger gun, 'cause that'll do it!
Like most numpties, probably rolled out of his roof-top tent at the crack of mid-day, roared around on his 4 wheeler for an hour, saw nothing, went back to camp and emptied all of the stubbies in his esky while bitching about there being nothing to shoot... :allegedly:

Yeah, I’ve talked to some property owners who’ve encountered hunters like that. Parking up and stalking in is too hard for some. Right on dusk is happy hour for pigs, but some fellas would rather be on the beer :P

I've never understood the charm of going out into the splendour of nature just to get rat arsed drunk.

Bigpete said it.
I agree.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 13 Oct 2022, 11:15 am

Die Judicii wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
It's a real shame he's given up so quickly though, somebody up that way should contact him, take him out somewhere and show him what it's about - he might well be hooked for life then.

By the sounds of it,,, (on face value) I'd hate to be out bush,, break a leg,, and have to rely on him for help.

Perhaps, but I probably couldn't have relied on myself either before I learned what I needed to.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by jwai86 » 13 Oct 2022, 12:14 pm

I wonder if anyone here with hunting knowledge is up for emailing that fellow to ask about what went wrong and if he might be open to some guidance.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by animalpest » 13 Oct 2022, 11:21 pm

If someone has so little patience or interest that they give up so easily, then it won't be me making an effort.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 14 Oct 2022, 7:57 am

Totally agree, there are some blokes that just need to stay home and keep playing their "X-box".
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control