1.223 and 3 .260 bunnies

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

1.223 and 3 .260 bunnies

Post by Elmer » 01 Jan 2023, 1:00 pm

At long last the grass has been chewed up and flattened enabling me to see the warrens and yes a few Bunnies.
The first pest was taken with the .223 when the pastures were thick but he was still stupid enough to think he was safe...Bang pop lol.
The next three pests were taken with the .260rem in 22 to 28kph winds coming from a 2 o clock position, in strong wind the .260 shine, even though I was only using 100gn nos ballistic tips, the Bunnies are in trouble out to 600.
Past that is where the heavier 143gn Hornady eld-x will take over....if I can only stop pest popping and do some serious load development one day :roll: :lol:
Its a pity how the .260 has taken a major back seat to the 6.5 Creedless, people who actually own a .260 all say what a great little cal it is the only flak is from the Creedless owners :lol:
Anyways I hope everyone has had an enjoyable festive season so far.
cheers and enjoy :thumbsup:
https://youtu.be/-4EoEeN-0Yo
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: 1.223 and 3 .260 bunnies

Post by Lazarus » 01 Jan 2023, 2:24 pm

Nice work Elmer :thumbsup:

Good video, particularly interesting to actually see the shockwave as the round goes in.

I was going to spend the arvo slothing, after watching that I'm going to have give some good news to the rabbits.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Elmer » 01 Jan 2023, 3:16 pm

Lazarus wrote:Nice work Elmer :thumbsup:

Good video, particularly interesting to actually see the shockwave as the round goes in.

I was going to spend the arvo slothing, after watching that I'm going to have give some good news to the rabbits.

Thanks Lazarus, I reckon those rabbits will be forever grateful lol
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by northdude » 01 Jan 2023, 9:18 pm

Is there actually any significant difference between the 260 and the 6,5 manbun
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Elmer » 01 Jan 2023, 11:00 pm

northdude wrote:Is there actually any significant difference between the 260 and the 6,5 manbun
Not a lot according to Nick Harvey, with the buns sharper shoulder it looks a little sexier.
But from what I have read theres only a flies fart difference between the two...I doubt out to 1000 the Bunnies would be able to tell the difference.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by yoshie » 03 Jan 2023, 2:27 pm

Love my 2 260s, it's the best calibre for Australia. I don't really know why 6.5 Creed has taken off. It has less velocity with same weight bullets, obscure parent case. The only thing it has going for it is its chambers are cut to allow very long for calibre bullets, but you can do that if you're getting a rifle re-barrelled.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Elmer » 06 Jan 2023, 2:23 pm

yoshie wrote:Love my 2 260s, it's the best calibre for Australia. I don't really know why 6.5 Creed has taken off. It has less velocity with same weight bullets, obscure parent case. The only thing it has going for it is its chambers are cut to allow very long for calibre bullets, but you can do that if you're getting a rifle re-barrelled.

Another round poorly marketed by Remington, limited available rifles, limited choice of factory ammo and bloody expensive.....2010 90 bucks for 20 rounds of rem corelokt ammo.
Its a great round but Remington put a noose around its neck at birth.
Like I said people who have .260s really know how good it is.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 06 Jan 2023, 9:49 pm

LOL,,,,,, I bet the bunnies in your neck of the woods tremble at the distinct sound of a VW,,,, or sight thereof.
Well done as usual Mate.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by ClaytonT88 » 12 Jan 2023, 2:39 pm

Nice shooting!
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal