Dingo attack WA

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Dingo attack WA

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2023, 9:56 pm

Don't know how accurate this is but sounds frightening.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-08/ ... c_news_web
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Dingo attack WA

Post by womble » 10 Jun 2023, 3:49 am

He’s probably told the story a few times now. And now it’s 30 of them.
Starving dogs will attack anything.
Pack mentality, even with domesticated dogs. Only takes one of them to get a dumb idea and the rest of them are fully on board with it.
His pissy scar tells me he’s a bit of a wuss. Barely a scratch
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Jun 2023, 12:22 am

I'd go out on a limb and suggest "the w@nker and the Whinger from hell"

I've got bigger and very distinct scars on both my arms than his,,,,, just from barbed wire.
:violin:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by womble » 11 Jun 2023, 3:03 am

I’ve got bigger scars from friendly dogs jumping up on me actually.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 11 Jun 2023, 11:29 am

I was at two sites this week dealing with aggressive dingoes. It's actually more common than reported.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Elmer » 11 Jun 2023, 12:26 pm

While we're at it, I blew half an inch off my thumb, index and middle finger and the nail off my ring finger on my right hand, I've still got two full finger nails stored under metho.
Just exploring chemistry as a teenager :lol:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by womble » 11 Jun 2023, 12:46 pm

animalpest wrote:I was at two sites this week dealing with aggressive dingoes. It's actually more common than reported.

I’ve had some problems with an aggressive wombat. Chip on his shoulder or something. He’s a right little c*nt
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 11 Jun 2023, 12:53 pm

I don’t plan on hurting him btw.
But he’s still a c*nt
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 12 Jun 2023, 7:58 am

womble wrote:
animalpest wrote:I was at two sites this week dealing with aggressive dingoes. It's actually more common than reported.

I’ve had some problems with an aggressive wombat. Chip on his shoulder or something. He’s a right little c*nt

i've got a uncle at neerim who says the same things about wombats that undermine some of the buildings on his property ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Jun 2023, 10:28 am

Are u able to provide any further details/info?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Jun 2023, 9:13 pm

I'm dealing with a "new" one at the moment that I wish was a fair bit MORE aggressive.
Did a call out for it last night and saw the mongrel three times throughout the night,,,,,,,,,
But never within sure shot range,,, and even then only fleeting glimpses in between clumps of dew saturated grass and bushes.
Unfortunately I came home empty handed, (for now anyway)
:thumbsdown:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 14 Jun 2023, 6:55 pm

How are the new binos working out for u ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Jun 2023, 12:48 pm

Blr243 wrote:How are the new binos working out for u ?

PM waiting for you.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 23 Jul 2023, 11:11 am

Seems they are becoming a real problem on Fraser Is.
Too many idiots feeding and interacting with them I guess.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-23/ ... c_news_web
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by niteowl » 23 Jul 2023, 11:41 am

Oldbloke wrote:Seems they are becoming a real problem on Fraser Is.
Too many idiots feeding and interacting with them I guess.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-23/ ... c_news_web

Got it in one.
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 22 Aug 2023, 6:26 pm

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 22 Aug 2023, 8:03 pm

The guy did everything wrong , he showed a hungry wild animal that he had food , he showed the dog he was weak , he failed to act as soon as more dogs came back and either shoot some or pack up and leave . He underestimated the cunning ability of a dog pack to ambush him . He also failed to see his dog was on the menu . Some people don't get the fact that it's not a normal dog it's a vicious wild animal that will kill you if it can and it has a gang of buddies to help it . He was kind of enjoying the fact that these wild Dingoes were around but failed to understand the potential dangers . Fraser syndrome .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by womble » 23 Aug 2023, 4:00 am

They’re also a lot smarter than the typical person who wants to take a selfie with one.
Domestic dogs have been dumbed down a lot. I think people really underestimate how clever the pack is as a unit.
Teamwork makes the dream work.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 23 Aug 2023, 9:21 am

womble wrote:They’re also a lot smarter than the typical person who wants to take a selfie with one.
Domestic dogs have been dumbed down a lot. I think people really underestimate how clever the pack is as a unit.
Teamwork makes the dream work.

I can attest to that I found a very young pup in the bush once that was an obvious wild dog and ended up taking it home . It grew into a dingo like dog with possibly some red cattle dog in it . I had two other pig dogs . It never made a great lugging pig dog but would find pigs and then step back and let the other dogs catch it . I could train it to come and track downed game on command and a few other useful things but it refused to do anykind of trick or chase a ball or stick . You could only discipline it once and then next time you tried , it would attack . Once you put it's food down you could not take it back as a mate of mine found out the hard way . It would go with me anywhere that I went , motorbike , truck , car , boat , plane you name it . I even got a ride in a chopper once at a station at Cunnamulla Qld . and the dog launched itself into the cockpit . The owner pilot said , looks like shes coming . Not the best pig dog but the best most loyal companion I ever had and so much smarter than any other dog I have owned but vicious and I have had 13 of them in my time but not subservient she was her own boss and you had to respect her boundaries or look out . She eventually at 14 years of age got a brain tumor and got to the stage she could not walk properly and was falling down stairs etc. I used to carry her around to go outside etc. But in the end I had to put her down . That was the saddest day of my life and cried my guts out . Shes buried just outside my window where I am right now . I have so many stories about her . I will tell you one . One time in my 4x4 I stopped to read a map . yes a map no GPS in those days . Anyway a hitchhiker dressed in a helmet and black leathers thought I had stopped for him and he walked up behind me and opened the passenger door right where Shari was sitting well the poor bastard had to run for his life she was all over him , I called her back but she was intent on stopping this hijacker , eventually she dropped off and returned . I chained her in the back and went to help the guy he was on the ground but unhurt because of all the gear he was
wearing . We came to an agreement , I will not say he was trying to hijack my vehicle if he does not press any charges against the dog and I would give him fuel for his motor bike and money to buy new leather trousers . It was worth it to protect the dog because she was protecting me.
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control