Bunny Bustin Howski Style

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Bunny Bustin Howski Style

Post by bigfellascott » 07 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm

Well the day started out as a Fox Calling session but soon changed to a bunny bustin session instead due to the lack of foxes :o: Anyway the bunnies were very co-operative indeed, with 5 on the deck in 5mins :rofl: No sooner did I knock one over and another one would poke its head up to see what all the noise was all about - 5 shots 5 bunnies :lol:

I poked a few of em out of the window of the BT-50 then though there's a few here so might as well get some head bustin practice in so got out and set up the bipod and got down to business.

I left a couple of the smaller ones alone as I figured the Daughter might want to come out and have a crack at em too.

The little Howa 204 was as per usual spot on and certainly makes a mess of em ;) Shooting was done at around 100-120m or so - not exactly stretching the legs of the 204 :D

I had a fun time despite the lack of foxes, it won't be long and they will start getting out and about and I will be there waiting for em ;)

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Bunny Bustin Howski Style

Post by Westy » 08 Aug 2014, 6:50 am

Wow that little 204 sure does some damage Scott ,must have a look at one of these sometime soon!!!!! Might replace the hornet with one????
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Aug 2014, 6:57 am

Westy wrote:Wow that little 204 sure does some damage Scott ,must have a look at one of these sometime soon!!!!! Might replace the hornet with one????

Yeah not exactly gentle on them is it :D It's a fun little cal to shoot, I put the load I run over a chrono the other day and it averaged 4200fps with the 39gn Blitz King! mind you my load is over the max recommended by about 1/2 grain or so :shock:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by veep » 08 Aug 2014, 2:34 pm

bigfellascott wrote:not exactly stretching the legs of the 204 :D

Definitely not looking at that damage.
veep
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Aug 2014, 2:45 pm

veep wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:not exactly stretching the legs of the 204 :D

Definitely not looking at that damage.

Doesn't seem to matter what range ya shoot em at they get exploded! :lol: I'm going to load up some of the Barnes 26gn Varmint Grenades and some 35gn Bergers and 32gn V-max and testem on fur, should be interesting too. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by beerd » 08 Aug 2014, 2:48 pm

Keeping the freezer full :D
beerd
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by scrolllock » 08 Aug 2014, 2:49 pm

No shortage of the buggers out your way it looks like.

I know they're a pest but I wouldn't mind them being easier to find out my way :D
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Aug 2014, 2:56 pm

beerd wrote:Keeping the freezer full :D

Nah not this time, just keepin the paddocks empty! :lol: I've already got 6 sitting in the freezer waiting for a date with the frypan. :D

scrolllock wrote:No shortage of the buggers out your way it looks like.

I know they're a pest but I wouldn't mind them being easier to find out my way :D

Yeah they are around alright, just went for a quick drive near the local dam and saw 3 of em running around. One of my other properties had heaps on it a year or so ago then the DPI or whoever it is released the Calici again and they've just disappeared, no doubt they will repopulate sooner or later, which is fine by me.

I've got a few property owners asking me to come out and remove some bunnies, I must get onto sorting something out for em. ;)
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Combat_Wombat » 09 Aug 2014, 10:49 am

Once my tax return comes back I'm getting the same rifle but with the hogue stock looks like a good rig. What scope do you have on that?
Remington 700 CDL .270
Rossi M92 44mag
CZ 452 deluxe .22LR
Howa 1500 .204
Savage FVSR 22
Combat_Wombat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Aug 2014, 9:04 pm

Combat_Wombat wrote:Once my tax return comes back I'm getting the same rifle but with the hogue stock looks like a good rig. What scope do you have on that?

You can buy the action only if you want then just import the Boyds Stock. The scope is a 3-9x50 Nikon Prostaff, a great little scope for the $. I bought this rifle 2nd hand of a fella on one of the forums and it came as you see it there.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 10 Aug 2014, 7:11 pm

Tell me Scott are you going to be leaving any Rabbits South of the Boarder for Me????LOL :D :lol: :D
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm

Westy wrote:Tell me Scott are you going to be leaving any Rabbits South of the Boarder for Me????LOL :D :lol: :D

You'd wanna hurry up and get down here, I'm going through em like nothing else :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 11 Aug 2014, 6:41 am

bigfellascott wrote:
Westy wrote:Tell me Scott are you going to be leaving any Rabbits South of the Boarder for Me????LOL :D :lol: :D

You'd wanna hurry up and get down here, I'm going through em like nothing else :lol:

Yerr I can see that , nice shooting Mate that thing seems to work a treat!!!! :shock: :o :shock:
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Aug 2014, 6:56 am

Westy wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

Yerr I can see that , nice shooting Mate that thing seems to work a treat!!!! :shock: :o :shock:

Yeah she certainly sorts em out no worries at all - I went out to another property I have access to the other day viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2347 tuned a few more bunnies up and fluffed a shot on a fox (well not 100% sure I did miss it) but since it didn't drop and I couldn't locate it I'm calling it a stuff up! :cry:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by lole » 11 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

Scott's rabbit pies.

Coming to stores soon :D
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Aug 2014, 1:38 pm

lole wrote:Scott's rabbit pies.

Coming to stores soon :D

I've never tried making a rabbit pie before, must do that. :D I usually roll them in a seasoned flour and quickly brown them off then put them into the oven in a gravy type thing a cook until tender, they come out pretty bloody good that way I can tell you.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by pucker » 12 Aug 2014, 9:00 am

bigfellascott wrote:I've never tried making a rabbit pie before, must do that. :D I usually roll them in a seasoned flour and quickly brown them off then put them into the oven in a gravy type thing a cook until tender, they come out pretty bloody good that way I can tell you.

One of the guys was on here in another topic saying they do rabbit pies in white wine and cheese. I dunno what the recipe is but had one at a café when I saw it on the menu and it was delish.
pucker
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Aug 2014, 6:34 pm

pucker wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I've never tried making a rabbit pie before, must do that. :D I usually roll them in a seasoned flour and quickly brown them off then put them into the oven in a gravy type thing a cook until tender, they come out pretty bloody good that way I can tell you.

One of the guys was on here in another topic saying they do rabbit pies in white wine and cheese. I dunno what the recipe is but had one at a café when I saw it on the menu and it was delish.

That does sound pretty bloody good to me too mate, might have to have a search and see what I can find.

Cheers
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control