Anyone using night vision instead of spotlighting?

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Anyone using night vision instead of spotlighting?

Post by brett1868 » 13 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

Baronvonrort wrote:It's $9k for the 640 line version, the price has dropped check your link.

It's not just the Rivercats using FLIR, just about any upmarket Gin Palace/Yacht will have it as well.
One of these 'M series' mounted on a roof rack will let you find every critter in the dark,you can watch it and record it, the voyager and mu cost up to $100k which makes the M series more attractive.
http://www.flir.com/cvs/americas/en/mar ... /?id=45259

Was that 9k US or AUD? cause I got a quote from the Australian agent week before last, detail below. I own a company and have been dealing with Armasight in the US about possibly becoming the Australian agent for some of their products in Australia but they already have an agent here and their prices are listed below. If you can get the 640 version for $9k Aud can you PM me a link as I'd like to talk to them about purchasing.

Please see below retail prices include GST and Freight (Aust wide) and are in $AU:

Thermal Clip-On Systems Min Retail Price (inc GST & Freight) $AU
Apollo 160 (9 Hz) Thermal Imaging Clip-on System, FLIR Tau 2 - 160x120 (25μm) 9Hz Core, 19mm Lens $ 4,655
Apollo 324 (9 Hz) Thermal Imaging Clip-on System, FLIR Tau 2 - 324x256 (25μm) 9Hz Core, 42mm Lens $ 6,687
Apollo 640 (9 Hz) Thermal Imaging Clip-on System, FLIR Tau 2 - 640x512 (17μm) 9Hz Core, 42mm Lens $ 10,617
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Re: Anyone using night vision instead of spotlighting?

Post by agentzero » 14 Sep 2014, 10:03 pm

brand wrote:I must need a new job or something, I'm missing out on too many toys.

However much you're making there's always a more expensive toy.

Enjoy the ones you have :D
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control