HARB and the Bigfella go Bunnie Bustin

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: HARB and the Bigfella go Bunnie Bustin

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

scrolllock wrote:And shooting one under a tin roof only adds to the excitement :lol:

I don't reckon I'd enjoy that to be honest, hard enough being near one when it goes off, under a tin roof would be bloody horrible! :shock:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 10 Nov 2014, 5:05 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I don't reckon I'd enjoy that to be honest, hard enough being near one when it goes off, under a tin roof would be bloody horrible! :shock:

YOU OLD FART WHATS WRONG WITH YOU :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Nov 2014, 5:22 pm

You nailed it OL FART :lol: - seriously though the blast from em isn't real pleasant after a while (ok if you're shooting) but not if you're standing to the sides, man do those things bark big time!! I usually end up with a headache after being near em for a few shots also its not unusual to end up with nose bleeds if you shoot em too much!! as my mate found out! :shock: :lol:

Having said that every time the beast goes off I laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: it near blows ya hat off! :D :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Westy » 10 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

Yep pretty unpleasant to be around IMHO I hate when the eyes go blurry from the concussion when standing next to it!!!!!
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Nov 2014, 7:11 pm

Westy wrote:Yep pretty unpleasant to be around IMHO I hate when the eyes go blurry from the concussion when standing next to it!!!!!

Haven't had that problem thank fark! :D the blast certainly goes through you.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by scrolllock » 11 Nov 2014, 2:58 pm

I'm with you mate, just being sarcastic above.

All the tin roof does it make the ears hurt!
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm

scrolllock wrote:I'm with you mate, just being sarcastic above.

All the tin roof does it make the ears hurt!

Yep I reckon they'd be ringing regardless of earplugs and muffs! That muzzle blast would be somewhat ordinary too I'd imagine. :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by deye243 » 11 Nov 2014, 11:31 pm

Westy wrote:Yep pretty unpleasant to be around IMHO I hate when the eyes go blurry from the concussion when standing next to it!!!!!

hmmm just like a top fuel drag car
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Nov 2014, 5:12 am

deye243 wrote:

hmmm just like a top fuel drag car

Yes I could imagine they would be hard on the body too :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by scrolllock » 12 Nov 2014, 2:15 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Yep I reckon they'd be ringing regardless of earplugs and muffs! That muzzle blast would be somewhat ordinary too I'd imagine. :lol:

I'm not an expert on this but I think it reaches a level where you just can't protect against the sound. Ear muffs or not the waves are penetrating through the rest of your head and reach the ears.

I don't know what the limit is but it would be interesting to know. I reckon a few big bangers would top it?
scrolllock
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control