Have a cry about it

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Have a cry about it

Post by Korkt » 19 Nov 2014, 9:51 am

Shooters’ haul of strung-up fox and rabbit carcasses upset local residents

EAST Warrnambool residents are horrified that shooters have strung dead foxes and rabbits on a fence along a busy tourist route.

Six rabbits and two foxes were left hanging on the wire fence beside Hopkins Point Road, opposite the Casuarina Court entrance, early Monday morning.

They are believed to have been left overnight by shooters.

A nearby resident described the dumping, close to built-up areas, as “disgraceful and disgusting”.

“There are kids coming and going all the time and school buses are going past,” she said.

Several residents contacted Warrnambool City Council to report the carcasses.

Angry Hopkins Point Road resident Michele Rhodes has made two phone calls to council who told her the carcasses were on private property.

“I’m just appalled at the council’s response and their lack of empathy. They don’t care about me but if it was in Canterbury Road or outside Mr Neoh’s house, how long would they be there? Five minutes,” Mrs Rhodes said.

She said the carcasses were attracting flies and emitting a disgusting stench which would only become worse as temperatures reached 33 degrees today.

“I can’t fathom it. (I’ve made) two calls and they can’t do anything, it’s not their land,” she told The Standard yesterday after calling to report the dead animals to council.

“I think they’ve been strung up to cause distress and no one’s doing anything about it.”

She said people should not have to look at the dead animals, including the children who disembarked from school buses at the same spot.

A council spokesman said council would write a letter to the property owner asking for the animals to be removed.

But Mrs Rhodes wants the dead foxes removed by the ranger rather than waiting for council to inform the elderly property owner. She said he could be unaware of the carcasses on his land and of the furore caused by them.

She said the owner may be physically unable to remove them himself and it would be distressing for him to have to do so.

“I pay enough rates for the ranger to remove them ... I think it’s 64 hours too late and I feel they’re negligent and they have no empathy.” The Standard.

"She said people should not have to look at the dead animals"

Yep? So don't look, your neck works doesn't it?
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Have a cry about it

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2014, 10:12 am

Yeah read that one this morning, typical of someone from the city moving to the bush :roll: really all she had to do was remove them herself if they really offended her that much but oh no we have to get the media involved and bung on a song and dance about it then demand someone else do the dirty work - what a lazy arsed dozy bitch.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by tom604 » 19 Nov 2014, 3:39 pm

tell us what you really think bigfella :lol: :lol: :lol:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2014, 3:58 pm

tom604 wrote:tell us what you really think bigfella :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I left a few comments for em I can tell ya :lol: I'm sick to death of stupid f***ing people, we need a law that knocks em on the head if they are that f***ing stupid, they only contaminate the gene pool and it's clearly struggling as it is without letting them contribute too. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Guliver » 19 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm

There's a fence close by to me that has at least a dozen foxes strung up beside the road, which the farmer adds to periodically.

Down on they way to Poowong traveling from Drouin.
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Westy » 19 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
tom604 wrote:tell us what you really think bigfella :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I left a few comments for em I can tell ya :lol: I'm sick to death of stupid f***ing people, we need a law that knocks em on the head if they are that f***ing stupid, they only contaminate the gene pool and it's clearly struggling as it is without letting them contribute too. :D

it's Chiller time Scott, I bet this stupid Bitch stops every time she sees a dead animal to bury it!!!Pigs ass lazy loud mouth stinking Bitch who wouldn't know what a hard days work was!!!! Did that cover it for you Mate????? :o :shock: :o
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm

Westy wrote:it's Chiller time Scott, I bet this stupid Bitch stops every time she sees a dead animal to bury it!!!Pigs ass lazy loud mouth stinking Bitch who wouldn't know what a hard days work was!!!! Did that cover it for you Mate????? :o :shock: :o

Nailed it in one! :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by sbd3927 » 19 Nov 2014, 10:37 pm

The rabbits aren't much to brag about, and I hope the foxes had been scalped for bounty, then they'd be smiling at her.

Now if they'd just string a few feral cats up as well, then the local residents may learn something useful -namely its illegal to let puss-puss roam at night killing wildlife (at least in some shires)

I lived in Warrnambool 25 years ago and they were stringing foxes up back then, it's hardly a new exercise, shows a landowner that cares about clearing ferals
Anschutz 1515-1516 22WMR
Steyr Prohunter 308win, Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x50
sbd3927
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by cooker » 20 Nov 2014, 8:35 am

She said the owner may be physically unable to remove them himself and it would be distressing for him to have to do so.

Oh yes, the poor old invalid neighbour... He probably shot them and strung them up you nufty.

If he's running a property he's not a cripple is he.
cooker
Private
Private

New Zealand

Post by agentzero » 20 Nov 2014, 1:42 pm

She probably went to the owner and he told her to get f***ed so she went to the paper instead :lol:
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Vati » 27 Nov 2014, 10:16 am

Tell her she's free to take them home and put them in her trash :P
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Point223 » 27 Nov 2014, 12:13 pm

All these comments being taken into consideration, I believe a good hunter has respect for his kill, kills for a reason, and does it quickly and efficiently. It's an unwritten code but I wouldn't kill and leave my kill hanging outside a fence, what good does it do to do that? Nothing, bad rep and publicity that we truly really don't need as we're already being targeted with strict and opressive firearms laws.

My 2 cents.
Remington Model 7600 Police .308
Point223
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Korkt » 27 Nov 2014, 1:00 pm

I'll cop that these things it's a bit of a retaliatory response at time. IMO anyway.

If the anti's would leave shooters alone, they wouldn't feel the need to push back.

If they could leave us alone and focus on what they enjoy doing instead of what they don't want us doing though I think we'd all be happier.
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MrClark » 28 Nov 2014, 4:37 pm

She dosnt like looking at dead animals???!!! Must be a nightmare driving and seeing roadkill hahaha
I really hope Export isn't actually Exported, mighty embarrassing for WA, hahaha I'll still drink it though
MrClark
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

For sure there are better places to put carcasses, but hell... what a rant she gave

Good old bragging rights, personally I never hang them up on a fence, I just tell the owner how many I shot pluss I respect fences more than that.

Some clown hung a heap of foxes on a fence at a property I shoot at, the owner wasnt exacty chuffed, neither was the wife who had to go through the gate regularly onnly 2 mtrs from them. So if your going to hang them on the fence boys and girls to rot the top wire or to display your good work, please make sure its not near a gate.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by T_M » 28 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

This reminded me of a field trip in primary school. A rabbit stumbled across our path as we were walking and a classmate chased after it. He caught it, snapped it's neck, rejoined the group and we continued on. Anyway...

I'm sure that kids on that bus route have seen dead rabbits before. The bus has probably scattered a few across the road...

If only this happened:

Grumpy neighbour: "Do you mind if I take down the carcasses on your fence?"

Land owner: "Eh?"

Grumpy neighbour: "Someone strung up some foxes and rabbits."

Land owner: "Oh. Yeah, ok."

Then again, perhaps the neighbour has annoyed the other one and there's something else going on... Warrnambool gossip! :-(
Anschutz 1416 D HB Classic w/ Leupold VX-1 3-9x40
T_M
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Humir » 01 Dec 2014, 9:06 am

sudes wrote:Does it keep other foxes away or anything?

Does it tell them there is danger about seeing the dead foxes?

It's just making a show of it AFAIK.
Humir
Private
Private

Tasmania

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control