Rabbits in Goldfields, WA

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Rabbits in Goldfields, WA

Post by oneshot » 13 Jan 2015, 6:27 pm

Hi All.
I have been following this forum for a while now and this is my first post. I have recently moved to Kalgoorlie from Perth and was just wondering is there anybody on here that knows the rabbit situation around the goldfields?? Are there rabbits in the area, are there many etc. it would be nice to know if there is somewhere close that i could go as the property i have permission for is 5 Hours away..

Thanks
oneshot
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Rabbits in Goldfields, WA

Post by Jack V » 30 Jan 2015, 6:32 pm

Rabbits are widely distributed in the Southern third of WA . Very little specific information is available on WA it's a kind of twilight zone for that kind of info .

You will have to just ask around in your area . My feeling is that mining land would be a good place for feral animals to breed up as their is no or very little farming or grazing going on with most mine leases.

Ring up mines around the area and ask them.
Jack V
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by nords » 02 Feb 2015, 8:30 am

Think of anyone you might know through friends, friends of friends who's got a property on the edges of metro areas.

Always rabbits there and they' be happy to have them cleaned up you'd think.
Norica Spider GRS Camo .22
Browning BLR Lightweight 81 .243
Browning A-Bolt Medallion 300 Win Mag. Weaver V-Series 3-15 x 42.
nords
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by BRNOmod2 » 26 Feb 2015, 5:25 pm

Something to keep in mind - some of the larger Mining companies that have leases around WA including the Kal
/goldfields/northern goldfields area, have a "no firearms on mining lease" policy, except for paid professionals undertaking vermin control as part of the mining companies lease agreements/enviro commitments with the Gov.
BRNOmod2
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Jack V » 28 Feb 2015, 12:28 pm

BRNOmod2 wrote:Something to keep in mind - some of the larger Mining companies that have leases around WA including the Kal
/goldfields/northern goldfields area, have a "no firearms on mining lease" policy, except for paid professionals undertaking vermin control as part of the mining companies lease agreements/enviro commitments with the Gov.

That could be the case over there . They can only say no .
Jack V
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Supporter » 02 Mar 2015, 5:49 pm

All you can do is make lots of calls to property owners.

One will come up good.
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by hrrl » 06 Mar 2015, 12:15 pm

Keep an eye out for which pub the local farms hang out at and make some friends :D
Howa Nowa Browna Cowa
hrrl
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control