Spotlights - what do you use?

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Spotlights - what do you use?

Post by KWhorenet » 02 Jul 2015, 12:58 pm

finally got a video snipped using the above light last night. Ended up with it on my lawn a while later
https://youtu.be/CkQuCHLUcHU
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Bark » 03 Jul 2015, 4:05 pm

I was waiting for the fox to stroll in and boom!

What a let down! :lol: :lol:
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 03 Jul 2015, 4:42 pm

Bark wrote:I was waiting for the fox to stroll in and boom!

What a let down! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, was a leaked teaser for Season 1 of 'Veranda View Stalkers'

S1_E1_(2015) will have a decent pink hue surrounding all target species at the climax of the vid. Cant promise anything but will be researching what camera set up to mount. Video editing is new to me.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Lorgar » 06 Jul 2015, 12:06 pm

I can give you a hand with the video edited stuff when you invite me out to your property.

*cough*... *ahem.*.... clearing through in pointedly obvious way

:mrgreen:
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by KWhorenet » 06 Jul 2015, 12:59 pm

Might want to wait till your Melbourne born bronchial symptoms clear up.

Will be in touch soon. Hectic atm with personal admin, house repairs and emptying-cleaning-re setting up. Doing the equivalent of a house move / spring clean.

Ever seen those programmes where some cat loving junk hoarding hermit has a wake up call by council and a reality TV producer then has to rid themselves of clutter? That's not me as I hate cats, but I do have allot of stuff I've accumulated. My two spare bedrooms and storage room have been subject to what looks like illegal dumping.

Once set up to a normal liveable state you and your gf (and OR her single attractive outdoorsy gf) will be more than welcome to come for a weekend of low stress hunting/shooting, fishing, 4WDing, BBQ or what ever.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Lorgar » 06 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm

Ha ha.

No worries mate. I know how it goes... Just gone through one of the same clean ups at my place.
Lorgar
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by james1984 » 17 Sep 2021, 7:51 pm

Hi guys new to hunting and have a question about spotlights. I got myself a powa beam 175 and the powa strut so i can put in the window of my hilux when in use. my question relates to the wiring. it says you can wire directly to car battery, how exactly do i go about that i was thinking maybe try and wire it up so i can plug into the cigarette lighter but i have seen people running the wire outside the car and it appears to go down the snorkle or something. what is the best way to do this?

thanks
james1984
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 25 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm

Just go in under the bonnet
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 25 Sep 2021, 3:20 pm

Yes ditto. Strong clips straight onto the battery ......I’m not sure if cigarette lighter wiring is up to the amp draw of powerful lights so I avoid the cigarette socket option. .......leave the cigarette socket free so u can charge your phone
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by disco stu » 25 Sep 2021, 3:32 pm

Most ciggie lighters are 10a fused. How many watt is the light?
disco stu
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by animalpest » 25 Sep 2021, 5:59 pm

I use both HID and halogen. If having trouble with animals running due to the intensity of the HID you can reduce the globe down to 25w.

You can also just put the animal on the edge of the beam when they are close.

The only problem I find with HID is that eyes don't shine as much compared to halogen.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 25 Sep 2021, 6:31 pm

When I was pro shooting on Quinyambie Station years back, when the bunnies got skittish with bright lights
we used to just simply smear blood over the lens till we achieved the desired level of light.
Crude,,,,,,,,, but effective. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control