Funny little Buggers they are.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Funny little Buggers they are.

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Aug 2015, 10:18 pm

In the last few days we have seen on regular occasions a healthy fat bunny.
He seemed to have a liking for one of the cattle grids, and he would poke his head up between the iron rails to look at the car, and duck down again as we got closer.
I got out to look in, only to find that he had started digging a burrow in there.

Yesterday evening I thought I would give him an eviction notice,, :twisted: so I drove to about 100 meters, and got out and crept to within shottie range.
There was no sign of him, so I just leant up against one of the fence posts and waited. 8-)
They usually pop out of the burrow early evening, and I was sure it was gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Soon it was almost too dark to see, and I was about to give up when suddenly there was movement almost right beside me. :wtf:
It was Mr Cotton Tail,,, on his way back to the burrow.
He had been out all the time, and had been (I think) up the hill behind me at a dam, maybe for a drink. :drinks:

He bounced right past me, and I let him go till he got to the cattle grid.

Then I served the eviction notice. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Funny little Buggers they are.

Post by brett1868 » 04 Aug 2015, 10:34 pm

Safe to assume he wasn't happy with the eviction notice or its method of delivery :) thought it was only weddings that came at the end of a shotgun but guess you have to improvise these days. Did you happen to use one of the new high tech lever action rapid loading sniper mass death shotguns or just the regular type?
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Aug 2015, 11:32 pm

brett1868 wrote:Safe to assume he wasn't happy with the eviction notice or its method of delivery :) thought it was only weddings that came at the end of a shotgun but guess you have to improvise these days. Did you happen to use one of the new high tech lever action rapid loading sniper mass death shotguns or just the regular type?

Funny you should mention that,,,,, but I got the ammo from some shady character that was selling em cheap.
Beats the hell outa me,, they have big fat round noses, and are branded "ICBM" , maybe they're Chinese ????? :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 04 Aug 2015, 11:51 pm

I've got close to 3000 rounds of 12ga stockpiled ready for the Adler's arrival. Just need to find a few thousand rabbits now :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 05 Aug 2015, 12:35 am

3000 rounds? According to the media, that won't last an hour
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 05 Aug 2015, 8:58 am

That's a funny little story their Ed, I like sitting there and watching them for a while myself before dispatching them to rabbit heaven. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by RDobber » 11 Aug 2015, 9:35 am

Die Judicii wrote:Soon it was almost too dark to see, and I was about to give up when suddenly there was movement almost right beside me. :wtf:
It was Mr Cotton Tail,,, on his way back to the burrow.
He had been out all the time, and had been (I think) up the hill behind me at a dam, maybe for a drink. :drinks:

Sitting on the hill with his mates laughing at you :lol:
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control