Minimum calibre for European Hares

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Minumum calibre for European Hares

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Aug 2015, 6:51 pm

brett1868 wrote:Nice shot, 22-250 has to be my favorite round for bunnies both small and giant. Left it home this trip and mainly shooting the giant bunnies with the .257 Weatherby, got 23 last night at anything from 150 to 350m. Bastards are everywhere up here at the moment as the mine has driven them from the forest and the wheat crops about knee high so plenty food around. Got 3 more this afternoon from 500-550m with the .375 Cheytac shooting prone from the back of the commodore. Even pigs have been coming down onto the farm but have only seen tracks so far, might go look for them tomorrow afternoon along the creek bed.

:shock: :shock: I'd hate to imagine what it would be like (shooting that from inside the wagon,,, if you weren't wearing ear protection)

Wouldn't be surprised if your stereo speakers start collapsing. :lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Minimum calibre for European Hares

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Aug 2015, 6:55 pm

Hey mate just wondering which state forest out west were you in? I went to mount cole SF earlier thi year (camping with friends, no hunting) and seemed like there was sign of animals while hiking. Also heard pyreneese state forest out west is good aswell...
Member-Deleted

Post by sandgroperbill » 18 Aug 2015, 7:18 pm

brett1868 wrote:Bastards are everywhere up here at the moment as the mine has driven them from the forest and the wheat crops about knee high so plenty food around.

They're getting really high in numbers around here atm, too. Plenty of rain and large areas have been burned off producing a lot of new growth, and they seem to have bred like mad.

I'm hoping one of the local farmers gets a permit for them soon so I can go bag a few. They're all over the roads and their numbers keep rising, so I'm pretty sure the time is about right for a shoot.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Minimum calibre for European Hares

Post by YoungBuck » 18 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:Hey mate just wondering which state forest out west were you in?

Was in Waterloo SF. Also in the Pyrenees shire.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Broom » 19 Aug 2015, 10:24 am

Die Judicii wrote: :shock: :shock: I'd hate to imagine what it would be like (shooting that from inside the wagon,,, if you weren't wearing ear protection)

I supposed you'd only have to fire once then your hearing wouldn't be a concern...... ever again :lol:
Ruger Gunsite Scout in three oh eight. Oh yeah!
Broom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control