Victoria, feral cats

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Victoria, feral cats

Post by Bruiser64 » 04 Apr 2019, 8:52 am

bigfellascott wrote:
Bruiser64 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I bangflop cats in the paddock when I see em, they don't belong there so they get removed, simple as that!

I would love to shoot a feral cat, but I have never seen one when I have been out shooting.

I'm sure it will happen mate, I've been seeing more and more over the years so chances are you will bump into em too.

Most of mine have come into the Fox Pro or whistle and also run into em out spotlighting regularly too. :thumbsup:

Sounds good. I am intending to by an Icotec caller, so I am sure seeing and hopefully shooting a feral cat is simply a matter of time. I can’t imagine a cat will go well against a 40 grain vmax pill out of my 204. Foxes certainly don’t like that combination.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Apr 2019, 6:18 pm

Bruiser64 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
Bruiser64 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I bangflop cats in the paddock when I see em, they don't belong there so they get removed, simple as that!

I would love to shoot a feral cat, but I have never seen one when I have been out shooting.

I'm sure it will happen mate, I've been seeing more and more over the years so chances are you will bump into em too.

Most of mine have come into the Fox Pro or whistle and also run into em out spotlighting regularly too. :thumbsup:

Sounds good. I am intending to by an Icotec caller, so I am sure seeing and hopefully shooting a feral cat is simply a matter of time. I can’t imagine a cat will go well against a 40 grain vmax pill out of my 204. Foxes certainly don’t like that combination.

I haven't had any cats run off regardless of what I've hit em with, all instant bang flops as a rule. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Bruiser64 » 08 Apr 2019, 9:53 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Bruiser64 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
Bruiser64 wrote:

I haven't had any cats run off regardless of what I've hit em with, all instant bang flops as a rule. :thumbsup:

Which would be pretty to watch!!
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Apr 2019, 10:04 pm

Yep very satisfying seeing ferals hit the deck, same with foxes, I love rolling those too. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control