Feral dogs

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Feral dogs

Post by duncan61 » 24 Oct 2016, 2:42 pm

Yes, there is a problem
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by deadkitty » 24 Oct 2016, 8:03 pm

wade06 wrote:Interesting article on wild dogs.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 8b7d6784ba

Thanks for posting the link Wade, dogs are my biggest problem here, they learn to avoid traps and their numbers build rapidly. The article covers the reasons well, people dumping puppies in the bush and abandonded hunting dogs..... I shot one pure white Staffy complete with collar....no tag or ID on it..just an old worn collar. Dingoes don't worry me, packs of feral dogs and crosses do. Cheers
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only difficult for the others,
it's the same when you are stupid.
deadkitty
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Sawyers » 03 Apr 2017, 12:51 am

sandgroperbill wrote:What area are you from, Duncan? We don't seem to have a huge issue over my way atm, except for pigs starting to get in around town, but they seem to have been beaten back a bit.

Will only be a matter of time now, though, especially as you can't go into the bush after them

Wild dogs have been spotted fairly close to the city, with reports of livestock loss in Wooroloo and sightings through the eastern hills region. Its only a matter of time before a tourist or bush walker gets attacked
Sawyers
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Apr 2017, 8:38 am

At the weekend I was looking for some fallow. Saw some dog tracks so will take the whistle next time. Only about 12k from town too.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control