Rammed while hunting goats

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Rammed while hunting goats

Post by albat » 11 Nov 2016, 5:13 pm

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-1 ... fmredir=sm :huh: shot a few of these in my time anybody been "rammed" hunting these beasts?
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Rammed!

Post by YoungBuck » 11 Nov 2016, 5:17 pm

Never hunted goats but would love to. I'd think you'd have to be a pretty bad hunter to let a goat get up close enough to you to ram you.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by albat » 11 Nov 2016, 6:27 pm

In the thick stuff you can sneak up real close on these things so i guess you could get suprised if you have'nt got ya wits about you
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 14 Nov 2016, 2:08 pm

Domestic billies and rams can get quite aggressive, lost their fear of man I guess. Had a mate put in hospital by a "pet" merino ram that he used for footy tackling practice.
I've personally had a feral billy ram me in the knee while loading a mob I had caught on the truck. It was like I'd been hit with a sledgehammer. Mostly they will sulk when yarded but the occasional one has a bit of fight in them.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2016, 2:14 pm

If only he was allowed to have and use a handgun on his property, would have sorted this thing out quick smart, instead he had to get smashed up and cry for help in the hope someone could rescue him instead of being able to sort it out himself OH WELL such is life these days I guess.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by albat » 14 Nov 2016, 4:39 pm

Yep totally agree with the handgun thing even if you were allowed a .22 pistol just to finish off stuff when yourr hunting would be very handy sometimes
albat
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Nov 2016, 7:40 pm

albat wrote:Yep totally agree with the handgun thing even if you were allowed a .22 pistol just to finish off stuff when yourr hunting would be very handy sometimes

I think a fella I know has handguns because he rides horses on his property to muster stock etc and has a pig problem and was allowed to own one to help protect himself and his horses etc from pigs that may attack (hard to shoot them with a long arm but easier with a side arm as it were.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by lole » 18 Nov 2016, 3:23 pm

Just another reason to own a rifle IMO :mrgreen:
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control