Get em while you can.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Get em while you can.

Post by Elmer » 24 Feb 2017, 3:46 pm

Another few hours in the paddock saw me once again shooting Bunnies for the pot, in a strong breeze, and lots of cover the targets were difficult to hit.
As I was going for head shots, a few misses were common...but I did manage to tag 5, althoiugh one escaped down his burrow and one had a massive cyst on its leg (about the size of a golf ball :spew: ) but the rest were indeed meaty and would make a great stew.
Dunno about you blokes but Im bracing myself for K5 Biological warfare...the next couple of weeks will be interesting. :homer:
cheers,
Sean.
https://youtu.be/4Qu1HdI4cXg
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: Get em while you can.

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Feb 2017, 3:55 pm

I went out with a friend the other day and got a couple with Ferrets, weren't many around sadly, we will have try one of my properties and see if we can find a few more for the Ferrets to chase.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Elmer » 24 Feb 2017, 4:00 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I went out with a friend the other day and got a couple with Ferrets, weren't many around sadly, we will have try one of my properties and see if we can find a few more for the Ferrets to chase.

Be gentle with them mate, we are going to need breeding stock :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Feb 2017, 4:05 pm

Elmer wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I went out with a friend the other day and got a couple with Ferrets, weren't many around sadly, we will have try one of my properties and see if we can find a few more for the Ferrets to chase.

Be gentle with them mate, we are going to need breeding stock :thumbsup:

They will be right mate, they will never stop the mighty bunnie, they've thrown everything at em and they just keep on coming back, this one will slow them up for a bit but they will develop an immunity to it no doubt. :thumbsup:

Bloody hope so anyway as I love exploding em. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by gazza » 24 Feb 2017, 8:38 pm

Been taking the kids out heaps. Pretty slow though and there's so much grass.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 24 Feb 2017, 9:53 pm

I think the grass is a bit of a God send....plenty of food to encourage breeding and shelter to stop people like you and me from shooting everyone of them, which leads to more breeding stock to rebuild numbers. :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Monty » 02 Mar 2017, 1:10 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I went out with a friend the other day and got a couple with Ferrets, weren't many around sadly

That's what the Ferrets told you... Much feasting was done underground while you weren't looking :mrgreen:
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control