3 over 300yds

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

3 over 300yds

Post by Elmer » 14 May 2017, 10:27 pm

Well it was a perfect day last Saturday, blue skies, little wind and about 20c, just right for some wabbiting. I parked the beast on top of a large sandy hill which overlooked several sets or warrens , I set up my .223 and other gear had some lunch and settled down and waited for them to poke their heads out.
Being such a nice day, the Bunnies didnt want to stay too long underground with the first appearing at around 2pm.
The first one was ranged at 350yds and presented himself for a nice chest shot , seeing I only keep the saddle and rear legs, I dont aim for the head.
Anyway at 350, elevation was 3.2 MOA and .5 MOA for a gentle left to right breeze...with the trigger set and the duplex quartering his chest, a gentle touch of the trigger sent the 55gn Ballistic silvertip flying towards its target and struck Bugs through the ribs cartwheeling him into his burrow.
Bunny number two was at 355yds, 3.3 MOA elevation, .5 MOA windage and another chest shot bunny.
Number 3 was at 310yds 2.2MOA elevation 0 windage and this time a nice side on full target shot with the bullet striking him just where the neck adjoins the body,was going to keep this one but he had Myxo :thumbsdown:
It has been ten months since I had hunted on this particular paddock, with crops planted and heavy rains last year the Bunnies have started to increase in numbers :thumbsup: . I saw several little family groups of adults and kits which means more targets for me when they get a bit bigger.
cheers,
Sean.
https://youtu.be/wHdvMvtNhq4
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: 3 over 300yds

Post by Supaduke » 14 May 2017, 11:18 pm

Nice work as always.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2