A couple of head shots.

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

A couple of head shots.

Post by Elmer » 21 May 2017, 7:32 pm

Here is a short clip on a couple of head shot bunnies first one at 240yds second at 230yds...the first spot I went to (even though there were a few running around ) proved unproductive cos not only was last years thick pasture a problem , in the next paddock the farmers were seeding, scaring them into their holes.
So I went to another spot with only half an hour left of light, the farmer roles up and decided to have a yarn...all in all , I scored 2 in 15 mins lol, better than nothing :thumbsup:
cheers,
Sean.
https://youtu.be/rPigyRnJ8UM
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Re: A couple of head shots.

Post by Smokingbrass » 21 May 2017, 8:36 pm

Nice shooting!
Smokingbrass
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Mongrel » 22 May 2017, 5:32 pm

nice shooting mate
Norinco 22lr
Howa 1500 308
Just the beginning :)
Mongrel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 22 May 2017, 7:16 pm

That second shot was one hell of a good shot.
Well done,Excellent.
Member-Deleted

Post by bigfellascott » 22 May 2017, 8:42 pm

A couple of easy shots there for you Sean - always fun removing bunnie heads (I like the challenge) and enjoy it when I get consistent results on them and I too often shoot off the bonnet with a bag which I find works well for me too.

Nice shooting by the way mate.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Elmer » 22 May 2017, 9:04 pm

Smokingbrass wrote:Nice shooting!

Thanks smokin :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 22 May 2017, 9:05 pm

Mongrel wrote:nice shooting mate

Thanks Mongrel :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 22 May 2017, 9:07 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:That second shot was one hell of a good shot.
Well done,Excellent.

Thanks, yeah he refused to turn side on so with no wind I thought I would pop him in the back of the head, he sure did pop :lol:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Elmer » 22 May 2017, 9:14 pm

bigfellascott wrote:A couple of easy shots there for you Sean - always fun removing bunnie heads (I like the challenge) and enjoy it when I get consistent results on them and I too often shoot off the bonnet with a bag which I find works well for me too.

Thanks Scott, it sure does add to the difficulty but as you know its very satisfying when they drop with only a few twitches.....I reckon the bags of the bonnet is the way to go, its nice and steady, the muzzle is not close to weeds and you dont get dust clouds from the muzzle blast, also your not lying in s**t (if you dont have a mat) and its quite comfortable. :thumbsup:
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 22 May 2017, 9:26 pm

Elmer wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:A couple of easy shots there for you Sean - always fun removing bunnie heads (I like the challenge) and enjoy it when I get consistent results on them and I too often shoot off the bonnet with a bag which I find works well for me too.

Thanks Scott, it sure does add to the difficulty but as you know its very satisfying when they drop with only a few twitches.....I reckon the bags of the bonnet is the way to go, its nice and steady, the muzzle is not close to weeds and you dont get dust clouds from the muzzle blast, also your not lying in s**t (if you dont have a mat) and its quite comfortable. :thumbsup:

Yeah mate it is most satisfying knowing you can get the job done humanely. I find shooting off the bonnet probably one of the best ways for me and my style of varminting, next would be a bipod or bag on the ground but the bonnet suits me the best of all as you point out it's very comfortable to do and using a good bag holds everything where it needs to be for consistent shot placement. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by KennyA » 23 May 2017, 4:53 am

Nice.....and food for the table.
.177 &.22 Air rifle, .22lr, 223 Rem, 308 Win, 308 Ackley Imp, 410, 45-70, 12g single, U/O, S/S
KennyA
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by southwest shooter » 23 May 2017, 2:35 pm

Nice work .
southwest shooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control