Best Stock for Varminting? Boyds? Show Me Yours

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Re: Best Stock for Varminting? Boyds? Show Me Yours

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2017, 9:03 am

TBJ
Good luck with the newby :thumbsup:

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by TBJ » 12 Oct 2017, 9:49 am

grandadbushy wrote:TBJ

Cheers

Thanks mate, I'm excited, I've wanted a 204 for a while now ever since I shot one of my mates on some bunnies and foxes and I really liked it and now its just a few months away now

I heard back from Boyds they cant send over $100 due to export regulations apparently so I'm back looking
Have: .17H .22LR .204R .222REM .223REM .22-250 .243WIN .270WIN .308WIN .300WM 7.62x39 30-06SPRG .303BRIT 30-30WIN 9.3x62 45-70GOVT 44RMAG 45LC 20GA 12GA .410GA
Want: .220SWIFT 6.5CREED .260REM .375H&H .416RIGBY .444MARLIN .458WIN 16GA 28GA
TBJ
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Oct 2017, 12:31 pm

Marksman how much was done on the stock that you bought from Hatchers was it inletted and do they inlet to rifle brand required
or just standard brands ? my son has a 25-303 he is thinking of doing up as a hobby

CHEERS
Member-Deleted

Post by bigfellascott » 13 Oct 2017, 7:49 am

TBJ wrote:
grandadbushy wrote:TBJ

Cheers

Thanks mate, I'm excited, I've wanted a 204 for a while now ever since I shot one of my mates on some bunnies and foxes and I really liked it and now its just a few months away now

I heard back from Boyds they cant send over $100 due to export regulations apparently so I'm back looking

The 204 is a ripper cal for the bunnies and foxes (got a Howa in 204) and its their worst nightmare trust me, mines sits in a Pepper Prairie Hunter stock which the channel was opened up to suit the varmint profile barrel. I also have around 5 or 6 TH stocks from boyds which are also great to use.

I would say you will have to source yours from one of their Australian Distributors (Hunting Haven) would probably be your best bet as they will import one for you if they don't have what you want in stock) pretty sure that's right but just give em a call mate and go from there.

Good luck with it and let us know how it all goes. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by MalleeFarmer » 14 Oct 2017, 6:14 am

I like this stock but be prepared to choke when someone tells you the price. Mine was $840 i think plus the time and money i spent glass and pillar bedding it. But its nice little heavy definately a sit and shoot stock not a carry and stalk thing.
Attachments
615C2ACD-C259-41E5-9C8F-D488E41B3966.jpeg
615C2ACD-C259-41E5-9C8F-D488E41B3966.jpeg (104.8 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
"Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals and happiness." Thomas Jefferson
MalleeFarmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Oct 2017, 8:18 am

MalleeFarmer wrote:I like this stock but be prepared to choke when someone tells you the price. Mine was $840 i think plus the time and money i spent glass and pillar bedding it. But its nice little heavy definately a sit and shoot stock not a carry and stalk thing.

Yeah I liked them to but too much money for my liking. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by marksman » 14 Oct 2017, 11:42 am

I like the boyds thumb hole
but this rifle is to heavy and would not balance to my liking in this stock as it was way to muzzle heavy
so I ordered a richards microfit marksman stock :lol:
truthfully it is a marksman style stock, I think it is copied off the original winchester marksman stock and the ruger vt has just about the same
this is the best tsyle stock IMO for varminting but it's not a boyds

and by the way anyone interested in buying that boyds stock can buy it from me cheap but it will need a varmint profile barrel to fit
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 14 Oct 2017, 12:00 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Marksman how much was done on the stock that you bought from Hatchers was it inletted and do they inlet to rifle brand required
or just standard brands ? my son has a 25-303 he is thinking of doing up as a hobby

CHEERS

sorry for being so slack not getting back to you grandadbushy, the stock comes inletted and it was good but I bedded it anyway, it would be worth giving Cameron a ring to find out about the 25-303
this is what I saw when I opened the box, to me it was great as I enjoy the work to finish it
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Previous

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control