FAR is a crock of S@#T - WARNING RANT

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: FAR is a crock of S@#T - WARNING RANT

Post by JSS » 27 Feb 2019, 6:30 am

Bruiser64 wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:
Bruiser64 wrote:What’s a PTA? Over here in WA there is no such thing. Every time you need a new firearm you have to get a new property letter (if it’s for hunting), lodge an application stating your valid need and genuine reason, pay the $190(?) fee and wait to find out if the addition to your licence has been granted. PTA? Luxury! Having said that waiting over a month for something that normally takes a few weeks is pretty annoying.

New property letter, new genuine reason and $190!! for every new gun? FMD!!

The tragedy is WA is truly awful.

I should make a slight correction it is $190 for every additional application. It’s a flat fee irrespective of the number of additional firearms applied for. It is therefore prudent to be well organised and apply for several new firearms at a time to spread the cost. The challenge is that you have to clearly state your genuine need for the specific firearm you are applying for. You have to make clear that the new firearm(s) fill a need your existing ones don’t. This does mean you have to really think through your purchase.

Well at least it's an excuse when you tell you wife you just bought 10 new guns.................."But honey it only worked to $19 a gun, i've saved a fortune !!" :lol: :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Diddums » 27 Feb 2019, 8:05 am

Well the 2 PTA's that I put in on the 22nd have been issued as of this morning.
Now to wait and see when they turn up in the mail.
Diddums
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Bugman » 01 Aug 2019, 10:30 am

I certainly share your pain in dealing with FAR in NSW. I too have two cat H pta's in the system and these are being "processed"
One has been in for over 40 days the other about a month. My point is this, we pay the pta fee and our licence fee etc, so what the hell are these people doing? They have taken our money but not produced the service we all paid for. If they were honest, then they may well have advised that there is a 6 week backlog or whatever....but no.....after all they are public servants. (my apologies to all decent public servants)
DOH!
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws