Pistol licence laws nsw

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Pistol licence laws nsw

Post by Keenshooter » 28 Nov 2019, 5:08 pm

Hi all, I am new to this forum and just applied for my probationary pistol licence in NSW. I am interested in finding out the laws regarding buying parts or making parts for my pistol ( when I get one) . I have been into rifles now for around 15 years and am a fitter/turner by trade. What are the laws around spare magazines, barrels, trigger assemblies etc? What parts do I need to register and or inform the firearms registry about??
Any information is greatly appreciated and realise some areas are grey but want to do the right thing..
Cheers
Keenshooter
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Pistol licence laws nsw

Post by pomemax » 01 Dec 2019, 12:47 am

Pistols are totaly different to Rifles ask your club sectary they should be able to tell you what you can and cant do or talk to a gunsmith
I worked with a guy, Fitter and Machinist who had a long interest in Pistols i belive he tried out for the Olympics but didnt get selected few point low on final score but he eventualy got gunsmiths licence his modified pistols command prices you would not belive his guns are in demand World wide IF a Pistol was 1000 say the same pistol by him was 8-10 k most Machinist,s think they could become a gunsith but unfortunaly from what i have seen very few could they can do a small bit but moost do not have the finnese and i have been a Machinist all my working life served my time for the Navy (not in the Navy) and heaps of industries meet quite a few Machinist but only one Pluver.
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws