Gun licence application waiting time

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Gun licence application waiting time

Post by Scaldie » 21 Oct 2020, 2:16 pm

Hey all new to this forum, just wanted to ask how long have some of you waited to get your gun licence for class A/B, now that the applications are all done online? I know there’s a post on here from about One or two years ago, and I couldn’t find anything recent, but just wanted to see if waiting times have changed since they changed to the online system?
Scaldie
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Gun licence application waiting time

Post by ederlezi » 22 Oct 2020, 9:43 pm

Hey Mate,

All your answers are here.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/as ... _Aug20.pdf

Thanks,

Ben
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by tb65 » 23 Oct 2020, 8:41 am

There is another conversation titled "NSW new licence application how long?". The Firearms Registry Performance Dashboard only gives average processing time for each month. You will see in the conversation thread that there is quite a spread in days. 60 days is the lowest this year while some guy has been waiting over 230 days. I don't know if the days on the performance dashboard are the number of days from application to issue of licence card or if they are from application to approval date when the status is changed to "referred to Service NSW".

I think my post is the most recent on there. Have copied and updated for you here....

Category A/B application submitted July 27.
Probationary Pistol Licence application submitted August 14.
Status on both changed to "referred to Service NSW" on October 10. That's 75 days for Cat A/B and 44 days for pistol.
Photo letter arrived October 20
Photo taken October 21
Status changed to Valid October 24
tb65
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 24 Oct 2020, 11:57 am

Category A/B application submitted July 27.
Status on both changed to "referred to Service NSW" on October 10. That's 75 days for Cat A/B and 44 days for pistol.
Photo taken October 21
I bet thats only for your A/B Probationary Pistol is separate for first 12 months 44 days for pistol is realy good if approved already from memory mine was fast and only took 186 days and I had A/B already
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by tb65 » 24 Oct 2020, 12:09 pm

pomemax wrote:Category A/B application submitted July 27.
Photo taken October 21
I bet thats only for your A/B Probationary Pistol is separate for first 12 months 44 days for pistol is realy good if approved already from memory mine was fast and only took 186 days and I had A/B already

Yes, both the A/B and probationary pistol licences are both showing as "valid" as of today. The probationary pistol licence is separate to the A/B and is only valid for 12 months
tb65
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 24 Oct 2020, 1:35 pm

tb65 wrote:
pomemax wrote:Category A/B application submitted July 27.
Photo taken October 21

Yes, both the A/B and probationary pistol licences are both showing as "valid" as of today. The probationary pistol licence is separate to the A/B and is only valid for 12 months

far out that is Quick
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws