NSW Police statement

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

NSW Police statement

Post by Tiger650 » 12 Apr 2021, 8:46 am

Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: NSW Police statement

Post by womble » 12 Apr 2021, 5:00 pm

By my maths that’s roughly 5% of all licence renewals and applications last year were either suspended or revoked. In nsw.
Not the sort of info we are usually privy to.
And makes you realise their only objective is to find you at fault somehow. That’s all they’re looking for.

The 60 minutes story https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgS-2dXzX34
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by boingk » 12 Apr 2021, 9:06 pm

womble wrote:And makes you realise their only objective is to find you at fault somehow. That’s all they’re looking for.

Regulatory boards regulate by finding fault. That almost literally what regulate means.

The fact they had a lot of suspenions and revocations doesn't surprise me. Law has changed to include the seizure of guns and often suspension of a licence on a mere verbl argment with no inherent offence. I would say this was a large proportion of those numbers.

I don't agree with it, either way.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by womble » 13 Apr 2021, 4:31 am

Perhaps just prudent to ensure to have everything in meticulous order with storage and transportation.
Any police interaction, inspections or otherwise. Trigger locks, flags or whatever the requirements may be in your state.
Perhaps get a haircut and have a shave (your face). Swap the wifebeater singlet for a nice polo shirt before you answer the door etc.
Nice polite smile and try not to use words like f*ck or c*nt.
Don’t offer them a cone. Perhaps a cup of tea instead.
And that screensaver needs to go.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 13 Apr 2021, 7:14 am

The commissioner's statement contains the expected spin and the liberal use of numbers (so called statistics) to impress the vociferous plebs with how they are fixing the problem so that it can never happen again.
Classic CYA.
Zig Ziglar’s management allegory about 'kicking the cat' may be an appropriate description.
And now to target suitable 'whipping boys' for a new round of whipping so as to get those KPI's moving in the right direction.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Southpaw » 13 Apr 2021, 9:29 am

womble wrote:Perhaps just prudent to ensure to have everything in meticulous order with storage and transportation.
Any police interaction, inspections or otherwise. Trigger locks, flags or whatever the requirements may be in your state.
Perhaps get a haircut and have a shave (your face). Swap the wifebeater singlet for a nice polo shirt before you answer the door etc.
Nice polite smile and try not to use words like f*ck or c*nt.
Don’t offer them a cone. Perhaps a cup of tea instead.
And that screensaver needs to go.

Funniest thing I’ve read for a while!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Southpaw
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Post by simmo » 14 Apr 2021, 7:14 am

I would argue his position is untenable.

He is responsible for the system in place and the failure. Everything in the regulations states the permission by the ‘Commissioner’, ‘approved by the commissioner’’ etc.

He has to resign. He is responsible for that violent murderous arsehole getting a commissioners approval to access handguns.
simmo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws