PTA letter missing in the mail?

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

PTA letter missing in the mail?

Post by djmm » 28 Apr 2021, 6:39 pm

Anyone ever experienced having the PTA letter never arrived in post but status says issued?
If so what would be the way to request new letter and how long did it take usually? Thanks!
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: PTA letter missing in the mail?

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Apr 2021, 6:51 pm

My last PTA arrived in an envelope, carelessly left unsealed. It was a miracle that the PTA didn't fall out of the envelope during its journey.

I'd be giving it a few weeks to ensure its not just delayed in transit somewhere and contacting your states firearms branch thereafter.

I doubt it will be an issue
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by djmm » 28 Apr 2021, 7:42 pm

Reason why I'm asking is because me and my mate both applied for PTA and both got same approval and issue date. I got mine and he hasn't got his one for some reason. Can it take weeks from the day the status is saying issued?
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 28 Apr 2021, 8:04 pm

djmm wrote:Reason why I'm asking is because me and my mate both applied for PTA and both got same approval and issue date. I got mine and he hasn't got his one for some reason. Can it take weeks from the day the status is saying issued?

It can depend on the post code where you live and what post office steps that the mail has to go through before it gets delivered to you. Where I live there are two suburbs next to each other the mail to one of them will typically take two extra days as it goes to one extra post office before the post office of delivery even though they are the same. go figure?
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Bill » 28 Apr 2021, 8:04 pm

Oz post is all over the shop atm, give it a few more days. No harm in putting in a second PTA at the end of the week. Im sure ya mates gun safe has space......
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws