Importing Snap Caps

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Importing Snap Caps

Post by Yes » 13 Jul 2021, 9:09 am

Hey guys,

I know it isn't illegal to import snap caps - but what's the chances the brains trust at custom will keep a hold of them/cut one open to check them out?

I want to grab some "Snappys" in 12g (or some B's Dummy's)... they look exactly like the real deal (not the full metallic style).

Cheers!
Yes
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Importing Snap Caps

Post by No1Mk3 » 13 Jul 2021, 10:45 am

If they are in the manufacturers original packaging and xray OK you shouldn't have a problem, but if they are loose in a package, even well labelled (which they will need to be) there is a possibility they may be further checked. I suggest you contact ABF and inform them exactly what you want to import, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Yes » 13 Jul 2021, 12:32 pm

Thanks for that - I know Snappys are packaged/sealed... not sure how the B's Dummy's arrive.
Might just go the Snappys and hold my breath.
Yes
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Danny » 13 Jul 2021, 12:33 pm

Possible they'll be picked up if they actually scan the package but as long as they're sealed manufacturers packaging I wouldn't think you'd have any issues
Danny

Post by Bugman » 13 Jul 2021, 2:37 pm

I bought some snap caps when I was in the US and declared them when I got here. The customs guys had a quick look and were not worried. Off I went.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by ob1 » 13 Jul 2021, 4:40 pm

There is a guy on Australian Hunting Network doing a bulk order of snap caps from Kynoch, if you are interested.

Price list http://www.kynochammunition.co.uk/pdfs/snap%20caps.pdf
ob1
Private
Private

Western Australia

Return to New South Wales gun laws