NSW Registry concern (NSC)

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

NSW Registry concern (NSC)

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jan 2022, 8:02 am

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: NSW Registry concern (NSC)

Post by No1_49er » 16 Jan 2022, 9:26 am

And "they" want our trust and support.
Yeh, right.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 16 Jan 2022, 10:03 am

It is interesting in the fact that I know of at least 2 ex coppers who took retirement due to job stress ( under the old police retirement system) and both continue to be actively involved in some form of shooting sport and have done so for many years since retirement.
Me thinks that some person or persons in the firearms lot has a different agenda and axe to grind. I could be wrong, but it takes only a handful of biased people in senior positions, to create problems.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 16 Jan 2022, 1:27 pm

Bugman wrote:It is interesting in the fact that I know of at least 2 ex coppers who took retirement due to job stress ( under the old police retirement system) and both continue to be actively involved in some form of shooting sport and have done so for many years since retirement.
Me thinks that some person or persons in the firearms lot has a different agenda and axe to grind. I could be wrong, but it takes only a handful of biased people in senior positions, to create problems.

Not a truer word spoken, not just at Registry either, although a recent Inspector in charge was known to vent her belief that no one should own a firearm she had support from the un-elected head of the Justice Dept. who also hated guns. The Inspector has moved on, but the Head of Dept has not so no wonder they keep chipping away at the Act bit by bit and increasing the regulatory burden on owners and dealers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 16 Jan 2022, 1:34 pm

This is why firearm owners should never support any firearms laws. Because it just never stops.
In 1990 Queensland introduced licences. I believe NSW and VIC had them years before that. They said its only a licence nothing to worry about. Only a fool would of thought that would of been the end of it.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to New South Wales gun laws