Restrictions to come on the number of pistols?

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Restrictions to come on the number of pistols?

Post by ederlezi » 28 Jan 2022, 2:11 am

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... 62c237ab53

What do you guys think? I have not heard about it anywhere else as of yet.
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Restrictions to come on the number of pistols?

Post by No1Mk3 » 28 Jan 2022, 3:23 am

I think I'm not paying to read the story
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 28 Jan 2022, 4:14 am

ederlezi wrote:https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/nsw-police-plan-gun-licence-overhaul/news-story/675a47cc0ade59c3561b4662c237ab53

What do you guys think? I have not heard about it anywhere else as of yet.

If you think this is something "news-worthy", why don't you screen-shot it and post here.
Hiding behind a paywall is not news
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by ederlezi » 28 Jan 2022, 5:29 am

My apologies, I do not have a paid access neither. I've been trying to find other sources, bit it seems that only the Australian is talking about it so far.
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 6:49 am

A so called genuine reason is required for each pistol, so explain to me what the point of this alleged law is?

Anyone who supports any form of gun control is responsible for the progression of gun laws. If you support one then you support them all because one leads to another.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 7:27 am

Here is the SFFP talking about it.

The police want to limit unlicensed people using ranges(ie stoping new people getting licenses), set the limit on the number of firearms people can own(reduce the number of firearms owned) and upon a persons death have the ability to seize a persons firearms(steal a person property).

So by reducing the number of new shooters and stealing their property upon their death in a generation or two there will be no firearms in NSW.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4350393350
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 7:38 am

The police in NSW failed in doing their job and gave that bloke who killed his kids a licence when all the evidence suggest he should not of had one. The police in NZ failed in their job and gave that bloke who killed the 50 muslims his licence when the police broke procedure and did not do their background check correctly.

The government makes the laws, they stuff up and put the blame back on the lawful firearms owner.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Jan 2022, 8:06 am

For those not on Face ache.

Resized_Screenshot_20220128-090011_DuckDuckGo.jpeg
Resized_Screenshot_20220128-090011_DuckDuckGo.jpeg (241.96 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

Resized_Screenshot_20220128-090117_DuckDuckGo.jpeg
Resized_Screenshot_20220128-090117_DuckDuckGo.jpeg (287.74 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bugman » 28 Jan 2022, 8:28 am

Many moons back, I mentioned on this forum, that due to the Edwards incident that the NSW police were looking at introducing a number of proposals in regards to handguns, particularly. This info from "inside" sources could be coming true. I hope not.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 8:39 am

Bugman wrote:Many moons back, I mentioned on this forum, that due to the Edwards incident that the NSW police were looking at introducing a number of proposals in regards to handguns, particularly. This info from "inside" sources could be coming true. I hope not.

You were right mate. Never let a tragedy go to waste. Surprisingly it has take this long.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by boingk » 28 Jan 2022, 9:23 am

Honestly the proposed legislation, as it is, will cause them even more headaches.

What do you do with the owners already over the allocation?

Another buyback?

Echoes of '96?

Fascism?

Hmm.

This is a pretty big knee-jerk so they don't look culpable in the face of the Edwards debacle. Hopefully thats all it is, and it goes nowhere.
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by ederlezi » 28 Jan 2022, 10:36 am

Email received from the SSAA this morning. While they state they've been advocating, it feels that they've also been caught by surprise. Interesting days to come.

FIREARMS PROPOSALS:

SSAA NSW ADVOCACY CONTINUING IN 2022

SSAA NSW is aware of the firearms proposals that has circulated in the newspaper and on social media in the last 24 hours.

Be assured that SSAA NSW has been advocating strongly for all legal firearms owners in this space late last year and certainly into the new year.

Whilst the document being referred to is cabinet in confidence and unable to be circulated by Peak Associations at this stage, we have called and continue to call for widespread consultation on the matters contained in the paper.

We are working very hard in this space and will keep members updated as and when possible. Working together we have been successful in the past.

LANCE MILLER JAI ROWELL
President - SSAA NSW CEO - SSAA NSW
ederlezi
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Jackaroo » 28 Jan 2022, 10:57 am

So what's the number of pistols one's allowed to own? Shooting many disciplines it doesn't take long for the number held to start adding up.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 11:10 am

Jackaroo wrote:So what's the number of pistols one's allowed to own? Shooting many disciplines it doesn't take long for the number held to start adding up.

It does not state. All it is is a proposal from NSW police to the government to make the term "good reason" more definitive or to set a fixed number of firearm ownership, among many other proposals. Read the attached link above to see.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AS30N » 28 Jan 2022, 11:38 am

I hope they don't introduce 4/6 shoots per gun, instead of 4/6 per type annually.
AS30N
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Jackaroo » 28 Jan 2022, 11:44 am

If they ever take them off us, I hope that the re-imburse us for what we were legally allowed to purchase through FAR issued PTA's.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 28 Jan 2022, 11:47 am

Why are people focusssed on pistols? The blurb does not specify, it proposes to limit "types and numbers of firearms" not just handguns.Such a Reg would capture 22 rifles and shotguns in it's action so goodbye unlimited Cat A. It would also enable the banning of pump axtion and lever action rifles, lever action shotguns (a "type"). A very dangerous proposal, and whilst NSW specific we in other States should do all possible to help defeat it as you may rest assured other jurisdictions would use it as a base for their own laws.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 11:52 am

Jackaroo wrote:If they ever take them off us, I hope that the re-imburse us for what we were legally allowed to purchase through FAR issued PTA's.

I cant speak for everyone but who cares about the money. The money does not even enter my mind. What matters is the collection, hobby or sport. Many people do not want to go through a steal back again.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Jackaroo » 28 Jan 2022, 11:59 am

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:If they ever take them off us, I hope that the re-imburse us for what we were legally allowed to purchase through FAR issued PTA's.

I cant speak for everyone but who cares about the money. The money does not even enter my mind. What matters is the collection, hobby or sport. Many people do not want to go through a steal back again.

I've had some of my firearms for over 50 years, I don't ever want to lose the sport that has given myself and my family so much. But I sure as hell don't want to hand over $60,000+ if everything ever goes South with zero re-imbursement.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 12:07 pm

Jackaroo wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:

I've had some of my firearms for over 50 years, I don't ever want to lose the sport that has given myself and my family so much. But I sure as hell don't want to hand over $60,000+ if everything ever goes South with zero re-imbursement.

I hear you mate. The whole thing is just terrible.

Whilst I live in QLD and not NSW gun control spreads like a disease that just never ends. So it must be stopped from gaining a foothold everywhere.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Nigel » 28 Jan 2022, 1:18 pm

This is only headed in one direction.

Australia is truly fallen. The country and the culture that we thought we had does not exist any more. It has been eaten by the cancer of urbanisation and neo-marxism. Soy latte sipping, inner city, woke social justice types now run the cultural and political agenda in this country.

Bare democracy is a truly broken system. In the absence of a strong, constitutionally protected bill of rights, your rights to do anything not actively supported by the majority are headed to zero.

The pandemic has shown political elites and their enforcers that they can easily implement control measures previously beyond their wildest dreams. They just need to drum up a little bit of fear and 70-80% of the population will support any authoritarian measures they say are necessary. These proposed laws are just an example. They wouldn't have considered anything this drastic a few year ago.

If you like living in a free country, start planning your way out of Australia.
Nigel
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by dpskipper » 28 Jan 2022, 1:46 pm

Scarily true words nigel
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 28 Jan 2022, 2:02 pm

John Howard is responsible for turning the nation into a bunch of pansies. The state governments just followed him like lapdogs.

"its only self loading long arms, now they will leave us alone". :sarcasm:
Communism_Is_Cancer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Jan 2022, 3:52 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:Why are people focusssed on pistols? The blurb does not specify, it proposes to limit "types and numbers of firearms" not just handguns.Such a Reg would capture 22 rifles and shotguns in it's action so goodbye unlimited Cat A. It would also enable the banning of pump axtion and lever action rifles, lever action shotguns (a "type"). A very dangerous proposal, and whilst NSW specific we in other States should do all possible to help defeat it as you may rest assured other jurisdictions would use it as a base for their own laws.

Your spot on. It effects all LAFOs in NSW. Very far reaching. And what happens when a pistol club is forced to close? Are all the members licences then revoked? And don't count on the SSAA to do anything.

And if you die they relieve the kids of part of their inheritance. That's total bulshet
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Jan 2022, 6:28 pm

Nigel wrote:This is only headed in one direction.

Australia is truly fallen. The country and the culture that we thought we had does not exist any more. It has been eaten by the cancer of urbanisation and neo-marxism. Soy latte sipping, inner city, woke social justice types now run the cultural and political agenda in this country.

Bare democracy is a truly broken system. In the absence of a strong, constitutionally protected bill of rights, your rights to do anything not actively supported by the majority are headed to zero.

The pandemic has shown political elites and their enforcers that they can easily implement control measures previously beyond their wildest dreams. They just need to drum up a little bit of fear and 70-80% of the population will support any authoritarian measures they say are necessary. These proposed laws are just an example. They wouldn't have considered anything this drastic a few year ago.

If you like living in a free country, start planning your way out of Australia.

Neo-Marxism . Haha. I wish.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Jan 2022, 6:33 pm

Echoes of 96

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 28 Jan 2022, 7:03 pm

womble wrote:
Neo-Marxism . Haha. I wish.

If you serious think marxists support arming the general population I honestly don't know what to say... Your seriously out of context marx quote certainly was enjoyable...
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Jan 2022, 8:00 pm

If you think communist revolutions occurred without arming the people I really don’t know what to say…
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Jan 2022, 8:07 pm

Out of context. I hardly think so.
We are ruled by a coalition of liberal bourgeoisie and neo feudalists.
Revolution is imminent. History always repeats.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by dpskipper » 28 Jan 2022, 8:14 pm

womble wrote:If you think communist revolutions occurred without arming the people I really don’t know what to say…

You won't be on the right side of history. Once Bolshevik revolution is over whos weapons do think they will forcibly take back?
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Next

Return to New South Wales gun laws