adding length to shotgun levers

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

adding length to shotgun levers

Post by cjdblr » 28 May 2022, 6:36 pm

Does anyone know if it legal to add a small extension (About an inch) to the lever on a straight pull shotgun. I have an issue with my arm extending at the moment.
cjdblr
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: adding length to shotgun levers

Post by bladeracer » 28 May 2022, 6:49 pm

cjdblr wrote:Does anyone know if it legal to add a small extension (About an inch) to the lever on a straight pull shotgun. I have an issue with my arm extending at the moment.

I'm not aware of any legal issue with such a modification.
I have successfully used a cable tie formed into a loop around my shooting finger to operate the bolt on a straightpull shotgun due to my shoulder injury. Use a big cable-tie, like a 370mm one, form a loop about 100mm diameter or whatever is comfortable and lay the end of the tie down into your hand for control so the loop doesn't flop around while you're shooting.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cjdblr » 28 May 2022, 6:53 pm

thanks bladeracer sounds good
cjdblr
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by big matt » 08 Jun 2022, 5:17 pm

no probs from what I've heard.
big matt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Jun 2022, 5:30 pm

bladeracer wrote:
cjdblr wrote:Does anyone know if it legal to add a small extension (About an inch) to the lever on a straight pull shotgun. I have an issue with my arm extending at the moment.

I'm not aware of any legal issue with such a modification.
I have successfully used a cable tie formed into a loop around my shooting finger to operate the bolt on a straightpull shotgun due to my shoulder injury. Use a big cable-tie, like a 370mm one, form a loop about 100mm diameter or whatever is comfortable and lay the end of the tie down into your hand for control so the loop doesn't flop around while you're shooting.

Sounds like the beginnings of a one man band contraption.
With a cable tie loop and a piece of string over your shoulder you could probably cycle it by stamping your foot. :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 08 Jun 2022, 7:08 pm

Then you could get an app that bluetooths to your foot
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 08 Jun 2022, 8:21 pm

I have made an off set handle for my Adler. About 2.5" further back now. It's no faster but far more ergonomic.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to New South Wales gun laws