Help with problem applying from probationary to full license

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Help with problem applying from probationary to full license

Post by djmm » 31 May 2022, 8:49 pm

Just wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction. I've received a letter saying my license is expiring end of June and on the letter it says I'd need to apply from portal and add genuine reason.

I'm currently stuck under "application details" - I've put all the details correctly including my license numbers but it kept saying "The details you have entered do not match the details held at the Firearms Registry. Please review the details entered"

Do you know whom should I contact to sort this, or is there a way for me to apply in person? Cheers.
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Re: Help with problem applying from probationary to full lic

Post by Gamerancher » 01 Jun 2022, 8:33 am

You might have to ring the registry, wait the 45-60 minutes on hold, and speak to them. Dealing with government departments online can be stuffed up if your details have been incorrectly input into their system. I have a surname which is usually mis-spelled by lazy / inattentive people who when corrected they say " it doesn't matter". Well, it certainly does when you try to do something online and you put your details in and they don't match what has been entered onto "their" system. You need to find out how your details have been entered.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 01 Jun 2022, 11:51 am

djmm wrote:Just wondering if anyone could point me to the right direction. I've received a letter saying my license is expiring end of June and on the letter it says I'd need to apply from portal and add genuine reason.

I'm currently stuck under "application details" - I've put all the details correctly including my license numbers but it kept saying "The details you have entered do not match the details held at the Firearms Registry. Please review the details entered"

Do you know whom should I contact to sort this, or is there a way for me to apply in person? Cheers.

Goto your local Service NSW branch.
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by djmm » 03 Jun 2022, 11:54 am

Thanks all, will try that
djmm
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Devilcv8 » 03 Jun 2022, 5:25 pm

If you are upgrading your ppl to a full cat H you need to do it as a new application, not a renewal. I went through this in december 2020. Make sure your email address is active and that you check your spam folder regularly. I missed an email which delayed my cat h by months.
Devilcv8
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to New South Wales gun laws