How long is 'normal'

Questions about New South Wales gun and ammunition laws. NSW Firearms Act 1996.

Re: How long is 'normal'

Post by targetshooter900 » 13 Nov 2019, 9:29 am

Kirra1981 wrote:I applied for my class A & B firearms licence on the 8/5/19 and I meet all the requirements but I am still to get an answer from FAR NSW.
I've emailed them and had no reply and when I contact them directly they won't give me any information on what's taking so long.
I had a call from the assessment team and even they refused to comment.
How long is to long and is there an avenue I could take to at least get some information on my application.
Any help would be most appreciated.
You can't call the ombudsman as I haven't been refused, just in limbo and while I don't mind waiting it's the lack of communication when FAR are contacted.
I was almost tempted to write to Steve Larsson to seek advice.

Kind Regards
Kirra

I’m in a similar boat, currently at 9.5 weeks for pistol pta, sent them an email expressing my dissatisfaction, no response. Called to confirm everything was okay; was told yep all good they’ll get around to it soon. Who do we write to in order to put a rocket up them. Surely we can’t just be at their mercy in limbo forever? I think they forget we pay for the service.

I have missed many competition shoots i was looking forward to participate in unfortunately
targetshooter900
Private
Private

New South Wales

Previous

Return to New South Wales gun laws