Queensland Weapons Licensing - Wait times Apr-Jun 2019

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Queensland Weapons Licensing - Wait times Apr-Jun 2019

Post by Oz95 » 02 Dec 2019, 5:00 pm

Hi Guys, Good to hear people are getting their applications sorted. My Application from the 22/7 is still on going. I called WLB last Thursday again and still unable to get any useful answers other than the Team manager is aware and all they can do was sympathize with me and hope it wouldn't be much longer.

I'm not sure how they lose information when it's all attached and submitted together but it is WLB.. So judging from posts the application time can vary alot. Hope everyone has better luck then myself and a great Christmas! Thanks
Oz95
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Rwd22 » 03 Dec 2019, 4:48 pm

Hey Guys,

After reading this thread on and off for the last month or so I started to get paranoid about my A&B application being severely delayed or shoved off to the side like others have experienced.

But seems like everything is running quite smoothly for me and my partner (Who has applied for A&B at the same time), we were told to expect around 12 weeks by the Safety course instructor.

Application submitted online 1/10/19
I/D Check Completed 5/11/2019
Approval Email 2/12/2019

Just a hair under 9 weeks from application to approval email. Fingers crossed the piece of plastic and PTA arrive in a timely manner.
Rwd22
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by braznutz » 11 Dec 2019, 2:05 pm

wonder why mines taking so long
I applied for cat a/b 26/9/10
did ID check on 29/10/19
and still haven't heard anything. was hoping to get it before Christmas. but unlikely now
braznutz
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Khansy » 11 Dec 2019, 7:30 pm

Just over 14 weeks and I still haven’t got my email. I’m hoping it doesn’t take too much longer. Every time my phone beeps I’m checking to see if it’s from weapons licencing.
Khansy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by bah » 14 Dec 2019, 2:13 pm

Initial lodgement (Category H): 01/10/2019
Approval email: 02/12/2019

That’s 8 weeks and 6 days in total since the application was first lodged until approval was received.

Update: PTA was emailed to the dealer the day afterwards on the 03/12/2019, however I did call weapons licensing to request that it be sent through pronto.

I am still awaiting plastic in the post, waiting for the posty every afternoon. I have been waiting 10 business days (13 days including weekends). 10 weeks, 4 days (74 days) and counting...
bah
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws