Interstate transfers

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Interstate transfers

Post by Member-Deleted » 21 Sep 2019, 11:29 am

Gents,
I've previously only bought locally.
I've now found a new rifle at a dealers in S.A.. Is the process now that I apply for my PTA nominating that S.A. dealer, I send the PTA to S.A., nominate a local Qld dealer to do the brokerage, S.A. ship it up to them here and I collect? Any other hoops?
Member-Deleted

Re: Interstate transfers

Post by Stix » 21 Sep 2019, 12:36 pm

The dealer in SA has nothing to do with the PTA--its out of their jurisdiction...

Just do the PTA where you are, pay for the rifle & freight to the seller, & tell them which dealer to ship it to...

Im not sure what happens if you get a rifle shipped & then the PTA is knocked back...--thats the only thing i can think of to go wrong...(well apart from the dealer sending you a crap rifle & doing the dirty on you)...
But you can always get the selling dealer to hold the rifle until PTA is approved, then ship--just takes longer to get your hands on it...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 21 Sep 2019, 1:41 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:Gents,
I've previously only bought locally.
I've now found a new rifle at a dealers in S.A.. Is the process now that I apply for my PTA nominating that S.A. dealer, I send the PTA to S.A., nominate a local Qld dealer to do the brokerage, S.A. ship it up to them here and I collect? Any other hoops?

I just pay for the rifle, the seller sends it to my dealer, when it arrives he calls me, runs the PtA, I go in and pick it up.
No hoops, same as buying locally, it has to go through a dealer's books in your state before being transferred to you.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 21 Sep 2019, 1:42 pm

I did it. Aust post only does one metre long parcels so sometimes it helps if the dealer/ disposer doesn’t mind doing a bit of butt stock removal free of charge or at a sensible cost , Some dealers accepting the parcel only charge receive fee 50. Others maybe a lot more. Hopefully u have a couple of dealers nearby
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 21 Sep 2019, 3:49 pm

I do the PTA first.
When it clears I buy the gun.
I'd only do it this way for a 338 lap or 50 though. The rest should be a no brainer.
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 21 Sep 2019, 5:13 pm

cheers fellas, too easy.
Member-Deleted

Return to Queensland gun laws