Mail Order Gun

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Mail Order Gun

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Nov 2019, 6:00 pm

sungazer wrote:The mail service handing guns to people that are not licensed. Sounds like something they would want to put a quick stop to. There is a whole lot of bad that could occur with this practice. What about identity theft and then having the gun mailed to mr crook.

Do ya reckon the person delivering it by post has a license to handle it either? :D Anyway they aren't really handling the firearm as such, it's wrapped up in a box so who knows what it is they are taking delivery of until it's opened. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bladeracer » 10 Nov 2019, 6:27 pm

sungazer wrote:The mail service handing guns to people that are not licensed. Sounds like something they would want to put a quick stop to. There is a whole lot of bad that could occur with this practice. What about identity theft and then having the gun mailed to mr crook.

I'm quite sure that firearms are in the hands of unlicensed people regularly when they are being shipped. Does everybody that has access to the shipping containers have to have a firearm licence, baggage handlers at airports?

I flew from Perth to Derby once with just hand luggage, including a 9mm pistol and several hundred rounds of ammo. I had no checked luggage to put it in the hold with, but neither myself or the airline wanted a handgun floating around as cargo. So I put the gun and the ammo into a big yellow plastic bag that they sealed in front of me, and it was handed to the pilot and carried in the cockpit.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 10 Nov 2019, 6:53 pm

Do ya reckon the person delivering it by post has a license to handle it either? :D Anyway they aren't really handling the firearm as such, it's wrapped up in a box so who knows what it is they are taking delivery of until it's opened. :unknown:[/quote]

True, But Mr Postie is supposed to be a good bloke. :) I am pretty certain they are all police checked. A postmaster has a fair bit of responsibility when it comes to things like Passports and licenses ect.

I know most of the guns are always wrapped in brown paper ect but I bet they have a pretty good idea. I know my Postmaster has a guess at most peoples parcels as a bit of fun. it might be a bit confronting for some of the customers who knows what personal items they may be receiving these days :lol:
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 Nov 2019, 6:06 am

Not guns.. but i too regularly receive boxes. The look is priceless though when they try to pickup a small parcel thinking it is light only to realise it's like 10kg.

Hahaha
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Queensland gun laws