Storage requirements for Adler Straight Pull 12G in QLD

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Storage requirements for Adler Straight Pull 12G in QLD

Post by AussieCapitalist » 16 Apr 2020, 11:18 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
Whst matters is interpretation and application of the law as has been already touched on in this thread - the black and white world has grey in it. That’s why ppl say - I’ve nothing to hide...no one is flouting the law by saying that so what’s your beef ?

The term just confuses me, because it comes across very submissive. I interpret that term to mean one is socially conditioned to let the government flout the law and bypass the law because one feels they "have nothing to hide". I have no drugs in my car but I would not consent to an unlawful search even though I have "nothing to hide".
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Apr 2020, 10:52 am

It is submissive - but it’s a matter of choosing your battles...eg above. I’m not in qld but if I were, I’d not be storing my Adler broken where springs are constantly tensioned. If an inspection was coming - then I’d crack it (action) on the day, to meet “the law”. OR - I could try and jump thru 28 hoops and try and get an insane law changed...There are times when submissive just works for the sake of it...when your missus is standing over you in a latex catsuit with a whip and candle...umm...wrong forum :-)
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 17 Apr 2020, 12:43 pm

I jammed a bit of paper from envelope into the action of my straight pull so that it looks like a flag ...it allows the action to close fully so no unecessary spring tension .....not exactly legal but it looks I made an effort
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 17 Apr 2020, 12:49 pm

This morning when I submitted and paid for my licence renewal I checked the list of firearms and they tell me I have 6 but I really have 7 so I corrected the list for them and sent it on it’s way ... this time I paid for tens years of licence. It’s a huge relief to know I don’t have to deal with weapons licensing for ten more years
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by MontyShooter » 17 Apr 2020, 2:05 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Why do you blokes use the term "I have nothing to hide"? Whatever skeletons you may or may not have in your closet is irrelevant. What matters is the law.

Not exactly sure what you're struggling with here. So for example, here are a few 'somethings to hide' that are relevant to this discussion:
* Missing guns not in the safe
* Ammo stored with guns
* Loaded mags
* Safe not to spec
* Wrong category guns in the safe
MontyShooter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Dallaskj » 01 May 2020, 11:51 am

The straight pull 230's look awesome, one of those will be my next acquisition.
Any chance of seeing it and a few more details?
Dallaskj
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws