Queensland Health Non-Essential Business Clarifications

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Queensland Health Non-Essential Business Clarifications

Post by RuinedNoodle » 02 May 2020, 4:40 pm

Hi guys, first post here.
I got my first PTA yesterday and was planning to head down to the dealer some time next week.

But I was wondering if you guys know with the current firearm and ammunition sale restrictions put down by Queensland Health, does it mean if I have a letter from a friend saying I can hunt on his rural land, I'd be able to just buy whatever I have a PTA for?

I do have RE1 listed as a condition on my license, but I'm just confused about the the wording on Queensland Health;
"an occupational shooter who is: able to produce a Queensland Firearms licence bearing one or more of the following condition codes – RE1, RE2 and who is able to produce: documentation from a rural land owner permitting the licence holder to shoot on the rural land for a rural purpose"
I can meet the conditions but I'm not an occupational shooter. But does it mean I'll still be able to acquire a new firearm?
RuinedNoodle
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Queensland Health Non-Essential Business Clarifications

Post by rc42 » 02 May 2020, 10:42 pm

Call the dealer and check with them, the QLD Health Directive is not clear so is open to interpretation by individual dealers and they are the ones that need to comply with it.
I did see somewhere that recreational shooters assisting farmers with rural land management were included but it's still down to the individual dealer as the text in the directive doesn't say that explicitly. If you call them they will even tell you what your letter needs to say.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RuinedNoodle » 03 May 2020, 11:12 am

Alright will give them a ring and see what they'll say when they open again after the public holiday on Monday.
Sounds like they never want to make anything clear to us.
Cheers.
RuinedNoodle
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 03 May 2020, 11:27 am

Something I have often wondered about ......back when we were only allowed out of house for food, work doctor or excercise , there were shops like Bcf still operating. If I’m not allowed to go there , how can they be open to the public for walk-in sales ......surely not just for pro fisherman supplies
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 03 May 2020, 6:03 pm

Same here, one message was that any business that is trading is classed as essential so you can purchase anything that they sell, only gun stores had restrictions on what they could and couldn't sell and that was just because of the two backflips that the govt were pressured into.

Then the message that restrictions would ease and we could buy clothes and other non-essentials from the next weekend... but those items had been available all along.

I know the government is making rules up as they go but you'd think with the number of high paid politicians and civil servants having endless meetings that they could think things through enough to not look like they were making it up as they go.
The ability to go boating and jet skiing but only as long as you took a fishing rod with you was comical, you didn't even need to use the rod, just have it with you, somehow that prevented Covid spread.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 May 2020, 6:09 pm

Just remember October 31 lads. Make sure you and your kin tell these tyrants to go to hell by voting against them and making them loose their cushy jobs.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 03 May 2020, 6:11 pm

Very few recreational fisherman fish for food. They don’t hope that they catch something to eat , as if they are going to starve if they don’t ..... they fish for sport. the hot chicken, beers, bait and fuel they buy for the day trip in the boat easily costs double the fish they can buy from the market ....I don’t mind people fishing during covid ......it’s not like twenty people playing touch footy
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by RuinedNoodle » 04 May 2020, 11:18 am

It just sounds like they want to restrict firearm ownership and acquisition given every opportunity.
The reasoning for restricting firearm and ammunition sales they gave was that it's "in the interest of public safety", as if firearms weren't already over-regulated.
RuinedNoodle
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws