Qld gun shops unrestricted

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Qld gun shops unrestricted

Post by Patriot » 16 May 2020, 12:52 pm

Was at Rebel gun works this morning, back to unrestricted sales.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Qld gun shops unrestricted

Post by rc42 » 16 May 2020, 1:12 pm

Fantastic news...

Because of Covid I think I'll head over to a gun store right now to panic buy and stock up on guns.

Oh, hang on a minute, I can't and never could.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by CAVEMAN » 16 May 2020, 1:19 pm

Avoid the big lace on the north side, it had a cue out the door this morning.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 16 May 2020, 3:45 pm

Yes trading is back to normal. I hope the dealers make a killing. Ammo will be in short supply soon. The Americans take their cut and we get the scraps. We need to start making more ammo down here.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 16 May 2020, 4:07 pm

rc42 wrote:Fantastic news...

Because of Covid I think I'll head over to a gun store right now to panic buy and stock up on guns.

Oh, hang on a minute, I can't and never could.

Gold :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by Blr243 » 16 May 2020, 8:22 pm

Another panic buy , Could it happen. Is it happening. Who knows. Anything goes
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 17 May 2020, 9:37 am

Actually, I've been thinking of stocking up on 22LR ammunition for target shooting, not out of panic but because I know that there will be a big price hike when the next batch of imports come through and I typically get through about 300 rounds per week with training and competitions.

Ammunition is very different to toilet rolls though, it's a lot more expensive, there are limits on how much you can store and there's no way to change your mind and get a refund or sell it on to somebody else.

As for guns, that would have to be a police approved panic buy, I'm not sure that's really a thing.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 17 May 2020, 11:00 am

A certain amount of panic buying is not something we should necessarily be ashamed of ...regardless of whether it’s actual or rumoured, if the word is out that supply could be affected or prices may rise , there is a certain amount of “comfort” felt when you know u have enough of something to see u thru some sort of crisis or shortage ....covid has proved that uncertainty is very possible ......ammunition is for quite a while an unperishable item .... it’s not going to go stale in my cupboard. It don’t matter if it takes me a while to get to it ...if I’m comfortable that my cupboard contains enough for the next 18 months , it’s one less thing I have to worry about next time something crazy happens in the world ..... we could call it COMFORT Buying
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 17 May 2020, 11:39 am

There's a guy at our pistol club that brings old looking boxes of 50 22LR ammo that has a $1 price sticker on each box, he says he got a lot of them about 20 years ago and has been using them regularly since then with no problems and the accuracy is better than he can manage.

With the number of rounds that I get through I prefer to have close to 10,000 in my ammo safe which is about 6 months worth, not only does buying bulk save a heap it also provides some protection against supply shortages and price fluctuations due to economic issues or even pandemics.

The closing of gun stores in Labor run states had no real justification for any of the reasons mentioned, hopefully the ongoing legal actions will deter the same response if we get a second wave or any similar pandemics or economic crisis in the future.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Rwd22 » 17 May 2020, 4:56 pm

Good to see things are somewhat back where they should be, dropped by my LGS to spend a few dollars in support.

Will also be off to the big place on the northside at some stage this week, but was no way in hell going near there yesterday, last time I was there, a mention was made of 650+ approved PTA's sitting in their folder and over 100kg's of powder awaiting collection after the restrictions ceased.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 17 May 2020, 6:50 pm

rc42 wrote:Actually, I've been thinking of stocking up on 22LR ammunition for target shooting, not out of panic but because I know that there will be a big price hike when the next batch of imports come through and I typically get through about 300 rounds per week with training and competitions.

Ammunition is very different to toilet rolls though, it's a lot more expensive, there are limits on how much you can store and there's no way to change your mind and get a refund or sell it on to somebody else.

As for guns, that would have to be a police approved panic buy, I'm not sure that's really a thing.

Aren't you in QLD? isn't it unlimited you just need a sign on every entrance if over 10000 rounds?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws