Finally some good news

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Finally some good news

Post by Blr243 » 03 Jun 2020, 3:36 pm

A while ago I posted that in relation to my recent renewal of my weapons licence, I recived a stupid email from licensing stating that my genuine reason letter from the bush was invalid because it came from nsw instead of Qld where I reside. I did not want a fight with them so I just used club membership as my new gen reason and I submitted club membership proof immediately .....after a while I heard nothing from them so I sent a follow up email but still no reply. Then when I applied for aN Online PTA I got a message on my computer stating my licence was not valid. Then I sent another email explaining the situation and that I was told my licence is not valid. I expressed my concern about being in possession of 7 rifles without a valid licence and again heard nothing from them. Today , 5 weeks after my licence expired I got an email confirming my renewal has been processed and accepted. ( and it’s a ten year period ) so for the next ten years, other than pta apps , I can enjoy the sheer bliss of having not to deal with them .......and that brings a smile to my dial
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Finally some good news

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 3:41 pm

Good stuff mate.sanity prevailed. My new licence that I got in April expires in Jan 2031. The poor blokes in WA only get 1 year licences but here we are with over 10. :drinks:

What month is your birthday? Hopefully its already been so you get some extra time on your licence.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Jun 2020, 3:53 pm

Crazy but congrats.
Theoretically - according to their screw up - you could have been charged for illegal possession...how hard can it seriously be.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 03 Jun 2020, 4:07 pm

Im end of April. The non firearms owners in Australia think that all guns are registered and that the Government knows who has what in their possession at all times. I was talking to one of them a couple of weeks back. I told him that every year weapons licenceing send u a list of what they think you have and it’s your legal responsibility to amend it and sign it if they have it wrong ( mine was wrong so I corrected it for them they forgot about my lever action ). My mate could not believe that we tell them what we have rather than they tell us what we have
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 03 Jun 2020, 4:18 pm

April. Good stuff mate. So your licence will be valid till April 2031. Hopefully by then things are better. :drinks:

Its actually rather common how screwed the registry is. They get it wrong all the time. Another reason why it serves no purpose. But thats for another day and another thread. Like in America mate, 40% of the 4 million gun sales this last 2 months have been from first time democrat owners. And a lot of the democrats think you can just walk in a buy a gun. Now they actually are finding out that it is harder than that when they actually try to buy one. Non gun owners have no idea about the laws in every country.

Congrats mate.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws