The futures so bright I gotta wear shades

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

The futures so bright I gotta wear shades

Post by Blr243 » 15 Jun 2020, 1:57 pm

For the young guns here. That was a song 20 plus years ago. A couple of weeks ago I posted that I finally got a positive email from licencing sorting out my genuine reason issue. But an email states that it’s not necessarily done and dusted and is subject to further quality control checks. So today the real deal piece of plastic arrives in the mail with an expiry date of 2030. I just finished a nice beer and rump steak at my local. And also just finished a pta application for my new rem 308 pump ....it’s the sort that is in stock and I don’t have to wait months for. The timing of the licence arrival is perfect because my Ute is packed and tonight I’m heading for the bush for 7 nights pigs cats and foxes. Please remember to be kind to each other while I’m away
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: The futures so bright I gotta wear shades

Post by bigrich » 15 Jun 2020, 3:27 pm

Blr243 wrote:For the young guns here. That was a song 20 plus years ago. A couple of weeks ago I posted that I finally got a positive email from licencing sorting out my genuine reason issue. But an email states that it’s not necessarily done and dusted and is subject to further quality control checks. So today the real deal piece of plastic arrives in the mail with an expiry date of 2030. I just finished a nice beer and rump steak at my local. And also just finished a pta application for my new rem 308 pump ....it’s the sort that is in stock and I don’t have to wait months for. The timing of the licence arrival is perfect because my Ute is packed and tonight I’m heading for the bush for 7 nights pigs cats and foxes. Please remember to be kind to each other while I’m away

lucky b@rst@rd ;) make sure you post some pics so the rest of us can see what we are missing :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 15 Jun 2020, 3:55 pm

Ok will do. I don’t mind sinking the boot in when others are down. But if this trip is anything like my last when I travelled all that way and did not fire a shot , then the boot might be on the other foot!
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by 8x57 » 15 Jun 2020, 4:15 pm

Enjoy
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by snag » 15 Jun 2020, 6:02 pm

Excellent stuff mate.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 15 Jun 2020, 6:10 pm

Congrats on the 7600 mate. I got a 7615 with the 10 round pmags.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Jun 2020, 6:39 pm

Mate - come day 7 and no shots...?
I’m emptying a mag regardless lol. Sorry - checking my sights.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 15 Jun 2020, 9:41 pm

I actually pulled the pin after two nights after seeing one mouse and two Roos during my time there. . There was no point staying for another 5 nights in that situation. I calculated that I wood actually see more pigs cats n foxes back in my bedroom in bris
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws