Another pta question

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Another pta question

Post by Blr243 » 22 Jun 2020, 7:33 am

I have the approval email. The rifle is in stock waiting for me ....is that enough or do I have to wait for the real actual pta to arrive ? I should already know this
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Another pta question

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 Jun 2020, 8:04 am

Read the top of the email mate. It states it is not in the approved form. Think of the approval email as a heads up notice that your PTA is on its way.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 22 Jun 2020, 8:13 am

As I thought. Thanks Aussie
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 22 Jun 2020, 7:35 pm

When you make application for a PTA you can have the gun shop notified directly, and that way when you get your email they will have the official notification already. Then you are good to go.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 Jun 2020, 6:45 am

Send to dealer is the best way mate. Remember you have to enter the dealer number and name so thats how they know the dealer. These are not flower shops mate they sell guns and ammo so weapons licensing have every contact detail for them.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Jun 2020, 7:49 am

It’s funny how we sometimes get best at stuff once we have done a certain amount of it , and that sometimes it’s at the end when we no longer need the info or skills ..( because I can’t see myself buying another for a while ). Sometimes if I’m doin something unusual in the construction industry that’s relatively new to me, I will after a bit ,achieve a nice standard of knowledge and competence in relation to the task , but at the same time I’m having a laugh to myself knowing that’s becau it’s so rare that I do this type of thing, when next time it comes around I m likely to have forgotten how to do it, and will have to learn it all again. But that’s life
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 Jun 2020, 8:02 am

Yeah all good mate. They just changed the process for new licence too. Instead of getting your ID check at the police station you have to do it at the post office now.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 25 Jun 2020, 1:24 pm

Getting approval and getting the paper PTA are two different things. As soon as your permit is approved you can acquire your firearm, a lot of my paper permits have taken days to weeks to show up after being approved.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to Queensland gun laws