Category H "statement of eligibility"

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Category H "statement of eligibility"

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 12:23 pm

Hay there guys/gals so Ive gone down to my local police station gotten the QP515 forms and filled them out I do have a question though for proof of residency will my QLD drivers licence be adequate as proof of address? It says that you'll need to provide gas bills, deeds to the house etc.. but I live at home with my dad and I don't pay any of that, so if anyone has gone through this process before please let me know if my drivers licence is enough for the proof of address.

Cheers hope to hear back from you soon.
Regards, Jesse.
Gamo Black Night - .177
Tikka T3x Lite Stainless - .22-250
Tikka T3x Roughtech Ember - .308
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Re: Category H "statement of eligibility"

Post by SAnewb85 » 23 Aug 2020, 12:49 pm

JesseW97 wrote:Hay there guys/gals so Ive gone down to my local police station gotten the QP515 forms and filled them out I do have a question though for proof of residency will my QLD drivers licence be adequate as proof of address? It says that you'll need to provide gas bills, deeds to the house etc.. but I live at home with my dad and I don't pay any of that, so if anyone has gone through this process before please let me know if my drivers licence is enough for the proof of address.

Regards, Jesse.

100 points of ID. Grab your birth certificate, driver's license and a Medicare card with your name on it.

Should be sweet
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 1:19 pm

SAnewb85 wrote:
JesseW97 wrote:Hay there guys/gals so Ive gone down to my local police station gotten the QP515 forms and filled them out I do have a question though for proof of residency will my QLD drivers licence be adequate as proof of address? It says that you'll need to provide gas bills, deeds to the house etc.. but I live at home with my dad and I don't pay any of that, so if anyone has gone through this process before please let me know if my drivers licence is enough for the proof of address.

Regards, Jesse.

100 points of ID. Grab your birth certificate, driver's license and a Medicare card with your name on it.

Should be sweet

Alright, thank you. However on the form it only lets you put one form of proof of residency this isnt for ID its proof of where you live ive gone and done my A/B down at Auspost but I will take them with me when I go back to the station to submit my form just incase.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Aug 2020, 1:20 pm

When I went for my statement of eligibility in relation to cat h licence I’m certain that they said I don’t need the statement of eligibility if I already have a long arm licence. If my foggy retarted old sack of brains cells rememberS well
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Aug 2020, 1:20 pm

Less paperwork is nice in any aspect of our lives
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 1:54 pm

Blr243 wrote:When I went for my statement of eligibility in relation to cat h licence I’m certain that they said I don’t need the statement of eligibility if I already have a long arm licence. If my foggy retarted old sack of brains cells rememberS well

This is correct however im still waiting for my A/B licence applied on the 21st of July so ill be waiting a while until i get that.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 23 Aug 2020, 3:27 pm

a current Qld. drivers Licence with your correct home address should suffice, well according to "GUIDE TO FORM 1 APPLICATION FOR A LICENCE".
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 23 Aug 2020, 5:07 pm

The statement of eligibility requires the same checks as a license application and takes as long to come back so it is almost certain that your A/B will come through first anyway. If you applied for that a month ago then you probably have 2 to 5 months of waiting.

Welcome to the world of firearms licensing, you will learn patience through extensive practice.

The mandatory 28 day 'cooling off' period for your first PTA is stupid to the point of being funny when you've just waited 6 months for a license to come through, you've still got that to come.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 5:22 pm

rc42 wrote:The statement of eligibility requires the same checks as a license application and takes as long to come back so it is almost certain that your A/B will come through first anyway. If you applied for that a month ago then you probably have 2 to 5 months of waiting.

Welcome to the world of firearms licensing, you will learn patience through extensive practice.

The mandatory 28 day 'cooling off' period for your first PTA is stupid to the point of being funny when you've just waited 6 months for a license to come through, you've still got that to come.

I submitted two PTAs on the same day as my licence I'm aware of the wait I have a mate whos been waiting like 25 weeks now and still hasnt heard anything back. I just spend most of my time up at a pistol range close to me and hire out like 100 rounds I go every week or every two weeks it keeps me sane while I have to wait for my licenses haha.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 5:24 pm

JesseW97 wrote:
rc42 wrote:The statement of eligibility requires the same checks as a license application and takes as long to come back so it is almost certain that your A/B will come through first anyway. If you applied for that a month ago then you probably have 2 to 5 months of waiting.

I submitted two PTAs on the same day as my licence I'm aware of the wait I have a mate whos been waiting like 25 weeks now and still hasnt heard anything back. I just spend most of my time up at a pistol range close to me and hire out like 100 rounds I go every week or every two weeks it keeps me sane while I have to wait for my licenses haha.

In fact the whole reason I decided to go for my pistol licence is because the range instructors said you come here so often you might aswell just go for your CAT H licence and maintain your competition shoots here once licenced up.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 23 Aug 2020, 5:43 pm

I went through this for cat c the drivers licence wasn't enough I needed something to collaborate it (in qld), I had to change my telstra mobile bill from my postal address to my residential address to do it.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 5:49 pm

Farmerpete wrote:I went through this for cat c the drivers licence wasn't enough I needed something to collaborate it (in qld), I had to change my telstra mobile bill from my postal address to my residential address to do it.

Thank you for this info much appreciated.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by JesseW97 » 23 Aug 2020, 5:57 pm

JesseW97 wrote:
Farmerpete wrote:I went through this for cat c the drivers licence wasn't enough I needed something to collaborate it (in qld), I had to change my telstra mobile bill from my postal address to my residential address to do it.

Thank you for this info much appreciated.

I think maybe the best I can do is show my tax return summary from last year its less than 12 months old and shows my address I really dont have much in terms to prove my residency as I said I live with my dad and he pays the bills etc... but ill take that down and my drivers licence hopefuly its enough.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by JesseW97 » 24 Aug 2020, 11:49 am

Hay peoples just an update went and submitted my form this morning didnt need anything more than my drivers licence and an old tax return form that was enough for proof of residency. Thank you for all your replies. Highly appreciated.
Gamo Black Night - .177
CZ Shadow 2 SA - 9mm
JesseW97
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by BigB1 » 02 Sep 2020, 9:16 pm

Hi Guys, put my forms in 2 weeks ago, any idea how long the wait time if for eligibility to join a club normally?
BigB1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Quirinus » 04 Sep 2020, 1:24 pm

BigB1 wrote:Hi Guys, put my forms in 2 weeks ago, any idea how long the wait time if for eligibility to join a club normally?

2 weeks if you're female, way longer if you're male. Mine took 6 weeks.
Quirinus
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 04 Sep 2020, 4:08 pm

If you submitted the QP515 forms at the police station 2 weeks ago you will probably have from 6 to 20 weeks to wait before the certificate arrives in the mail, you can then join a club and attend their next available induction.
Inductions vary by club, some will arrange a 1:1 induction just for you others run them monthly for as many as needed but some clubs aren't running any due to Covid restrictions. Best to call your preferred club and ask, you have plenty of time though.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Chinballs » 04 Sep 2020, 5:00 pm

BigB1 wrote:Hi Guys, put my forms in 2 weeks ago, any idea how long the wait time if for eligibility to join a club normally?

In my experience dealing with new members pre COVID it took anywhere from a month to never with the average being about six weeks. I wouldn't bother ringing them until twelve weeks has passed and even then you will probably just get a, Yeah, we have it," response.

One guy didn't get a "no" but they hadn't approved him after two years either. He got the message and gave up lol..
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by BigB1 » 07 Oct 2020, 10:25 pm

Just got mine today - 6 weeks since applying!
BigB1
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by TimTimney » 07 Oct 2020, 10:52 pm

BigB1 wrote:Just got mine today - 6 weeks since applying!

Good to hear you got it in a reasonable time frame
Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Virtue is doing it
TimTimney
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Queensland gun laws