QLD QCAT Decisions

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

QLD QCAT Decisions

Post by rc42 » 23 Feb 2021, 11:14 am

Here's something that I think will make an interesting thread, the published QCAT considerations and final decisions where shooters have appealed against previous decisions by WLB.
They don't come up too often although that may change with WLBs new more aggressive 'reject it for any reason' policies.

This one is from Jan this year for a license revoked in 2018 so it's clearly a slow process, in summary the police thought the guy had mental issues so was not fit and proper, largely due to reporting being robbed and shot but evidence suggesting that he actually shot himself, they also list his entire driving history.
He had a hospital report with a diagnosis of 'Psychotic episode' so the appeal was clearly a long shot and was ultimately rejected but it's interesting to see the decision processes followed by QCAT.

https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/case/id/347211
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Re: QLD QCAT Decisions

Post by Patriot » 23 Feb 2021, 12:54 pm

A very interesting read, thanks for posting it mate. I have to agree with the QCAT decision.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 23 Feb 2021, 2:37 pm

The firearms safety course would probably serve him well though.
Could at least offer him that.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by str8shutr » 17 Aug 2021, 9:24 pm

This report Madsen v QPS shows that if you go to court with a case, then pack your case with evidence.

The details read to me that the dude making the appeal turned up with meagre offerings to demonstrate his position.
str8shutr
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws