Applying for Cat H Sports license With Collectors License

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Applying for Cat H Sports license With Collectors License

Post by queeg730 » 10 Mar 2021, 5:46 pm

Folks,
I currently have a Collectors license for Cat H, which was issued only recently, (a relevant point for this query, since it shows that my background has been checked very, very recently for the purpose of a Cat H license).

I have also been a current member of a pistol club for more than the mandatory 6 month period, and have completed the mandatory shoots, and all other mandatory requirements, so I am now in a position to apply for the normal Cat H Sports & Target club license to enable me to compete in club competitions.

My question is...... can I request (and / or expect), that the Cat H Sports & Target license be expedited, considering that all the background / eligibility checking which has recently been done, or will I have to wait for another 6+ month period?

And on the same point.... which one requires more the rigorous checking, the Collectors license, or the Sports & Target license... or are they both about the same?

thanks all,
Mike
queeg730
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Applying for Cat H Sports license With Collectors Licens

Post by PastaofMuppets » 11 Mar 2021, 12:28 pm

Hi Mike

The good news is you obviously pass their checks and having a licence already will make it a little quicker.

However their system processes in order of receipt so they will work their way through until they get to your application. If your application is complete then you shouldn't have any hiccups there.

They won't expedite for sports shooting though. They only do that in very very exceptional occupational cases where people are losing their living.

Let us know how you go.

~PoM~

EDIT: Which requires more rigorous checking? They check you just the same. The documentation for a collectors licence is a bit less straight forward. So they are pretty similar, but pistol shooting docs a bit more "routine".
PastaofMuppets
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Chinballs » 11 Mar 2021, 1:17 pm

queeg730 wrote:Folks,
My question is...... can I request (and / or expect), that the Cat H Sports & Target license be expedited, considering that all the background / eligibility checking which has recently been done, or will I have to wait for another 6+ month period?
Mike

Having one will not speed up the other. It is treated as any other new license application and there is nothing you can do to speed it up.
Chinballs
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by queeg730 » 11 Mar 2021, 4:39 pm

PastaofMuppets and Chinballs....
Thanks a million folks for your replies....
I had guessed that the wait time would probably be no different, so in effect I was just hoping against hope! boo-hoo :cry: :( :unknown:
So it will be a while until I am back into IPSC again, after some years!

rgds
Mike
queeg730
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws