Queensland Police application on website keeps failing

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Queensland Police application on website keeps failing

Post by dreysi » 13 Mar 2021, 5:49 pm

Queensland Police application on website keeps failing.

First it kept making me wait for the payment screen for 30 mins so i tried different web browsers, wiped cache, tried different web browsers on my phone, on wifi on 4g on a borrowed I Pad. Sooner or later it fails to load webpage and never even makes it to the payment page. Probably just dodgy government IT but has anyone else had this problem?

So frustrating to have this problem and perhaps I'm just venting my frustration now.

Have a good day and cheers

Dreysi.
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Queensland Police application on website keeps failing

Post by Blr243 » 13 Mar 2021, 8:58 pm

Not specifically but I If type In addresses , or dealers name it just won’t accept it no matter how I spell it and it drives me nuts
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by LawrenceA » 13 Mar 2021, 9:04 pm

Odd a did a PTA yesterday no worries
One well placed shot is all it takes.
LawrenceA
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by dreysi » 13 Mar 2021, 9:18 pm

Yeah so 2 different computers plus my phone plus either wifi or 4G and as soon as i tick the acknowledge box and the application starts it fails (on 4 different browsers. At least at the start of the day it let me get to payment before it failed. It's 4 hours later and still no dice will wait in the morning and even try a work computer tomorrow and see.
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by dreysi » 13 Mar 2021, 9:23 pm

https://www.police.qld.gov.au/form/firearms-licence

If anyone starts the application does it happen for you too? Can anyone give it 5 mins to see if it works please?
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 14 Mar 2021, 12:15 am

If I follow that link and start the application it directs to
https://wao.police.qld.gov.au/WAO/launc ... ndividuale
which then fails with an ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Tried through the front end of the WLB website and it gets to the same place and fails.

Perhaps this is the latest plan for QLD police to reduce the number of licensed shooters, although it's most likely just a website error that won't be fixed till next week.
It's quite unusual as the part of WLB processes that charge money are normally models of efficiency, it's everything after that that is a big steaming pile of crap.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Mar 2021, 8:16 am

20210314_084548.jpg
20210314_084548.jpg (123.34 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by dreysi » 14 Mar 2021, 9:08 am

Well thanks to rc42 for trying appreciate it, just wanted to know if my router or gear was not compatible with their website. Looks like the weekend IT apprentice got around to fixing it. I tried it late last night and no go but first thing this morning worked like a charm. Might put in for my permit to aquire now. Thanks again for the help.
dreysi
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 15 Mar 2021, 10:16 am

rc42 wrote:Perhaps this is the latest plan for QLD police to reduce the number of licensed shooters

I don't know what the situation with the greens in Queensland is but I was reading their firearms policy and one of the top things is "Tough legislation to reduce firearm ownership"
They aren't even trying to hide that their agenda is to ban all guns. I unfortunately live in an area with a lot of low information voters and we are punished with a greens ruler.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by rc42 » 15 Mar 2021, 9:37 pm

WA will be interesting to watch over the next ALP term, will they be trying to hit firearms owners hard now that they have a full on term of dictatorship or will they back off now that they don't have to suck up to the greens and their poorly thought out ideas about how to make the CCP look like a bunch of conservatives..
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by PastaofMuppets » 24 Mar 2021, 8:50 am

Y'all give me the giggles sometimes...

They've updated it now - but there was a post up on the 13th when this thread started that stated there was an outage.

Looks like there's a few more coming. I guess that's when they change the batteries in the birds?

PastaofMuppets
Recruit
Recruit

-

Return to Queensland gun laws