PTA wait time in QLD

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: PTA wait time in QLD

Post by Nails » 08 May 2023, 8:00 pm

[quote="AussieYob"

I received an email from Shooters Union though, Weapons Licencing is no longer processing PTA's before your licence is issued.[/quote]

I heard this from a staff member at WL, surely they can’t just decide to do this without some kind of change to the Weapons Act.
Nails
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 08 May 2023, 8:57 pm

The weapons Act and associated legislation mentions some mandatory wait times but has no mention of how quickly or in what order WLB need to process licenses and PTAs, they can take years if they want to.

The only thing keeping them reasonable is pressure from our politicians, so basically, we're lucky they work as fast as they do now.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by perentie » 09 May 2023, 6:53 am

I put in for two. both patch ball muzzle loaders One in .45 and one .50. The 50 cal was put in 6 weeks ago and has arrived. The 40 cal over 8 weeks ago and still not got it. I have phoned twice and been assured its coming but I think each time I phone its put on the bottom of the pile.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pighunter » 18 May 2023, 12:33 pm

Lodged Cat A 24/04/2023
Approved 18/05/2023
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by bucks_unlimited » 15 Jun 2023, 10:55 am

I lodged a Cat A PTA nearly 6 weeks ago and still nothing. Weapons Licensing page says that as of 11/06 PTA wait time is 13 days. I am tempted to call Bit am worried it will be put to the bottom of the pile. Then again I have waited 3x the listed wait time all for a single shot shotgun :unknown:
bucks_unlimited
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws