Storage reqs when moving to new location before living there

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Storage reqs when moving to new location before living there

Post by Rcasper77 » 23 Oct 2021, 9:11 am

Gday folks

I have a couple of questions as I am planning where to re-locate my safe when we move to our new property.

Firstly, would it be possible to move my safe into the locked and secure shed on our property (not my current home address) prior to us building a house there and moving in?

Secondly, can the safe be located in a locked and secure shed that will be detached (seperate building) to the main residence? (Shed is about 50m from where the house will be located).

Struggling to find a definitive answer on this, short of someone here having experience with a matter like this, who would be best to contact?

Kind regards
Ryan
Rcasper77
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Storage reqs when moving to new location before living t

Post by yoshie » 25 Oct 2021, 5:50 pm

Firearms registry
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Oct 2021, 5:56 pm

What state are you in ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 25 Oct 2021, 7:39 pm

Rcasper77 wrote:Gday folks

I have a couple of questions as I am planning where to re-locate my safe when we move to our new property.

Firstly, would it be possible to move my safe into the locked and secure shed on our property (not my current home address) prior to us building a house there and moving in?

Secondly, can the safe be located in a locked and secure shed that will be detached (seperate building) to the main residence? (Shed is about 50m from where the house will be located).

Struggling to find a definitive answer on this, short of someone here having experience with a matter like this, who would be best to contact?

Kind regards
Ryan

You will need to confirm with the Registry in your state, or better the local District Firearms Officer where you'll be living.
But you can leave your safe at anybody's house as long as they can't access it. You just need to advise the Registry of the storage address.
Are you going to be living on the property or are you wanting to leave your firearms at an unoccupied property?
Are any of the neighbours licenced as they can store your firearms also.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Oct 2021, 12:24 am

PM coming.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws