Buying Magazine follower from the US

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Buying Magazine follower from the US

Post by Pighunter » 15 Feb 2022, 8:08 pm

Is it legal for me to buy a metal magazine follower for a Mossberg 464 lever action 30-30 from the US and have it shipped here? I would buy one locally but I cannot find one here that isn't plastic (Buying one for my father as his plastic mag follower has bulged from cleaning oils) As the rifle is rendered basically useless without it, it's a fix he needs done quite soon.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Re: Buying Magazine follower from the US

Post by bladeracer » 15 Feb 2022, 8:43 pm

Pighunter wrote:Is it legal for me to buy a metal magazine follower for a Mossberg 464 lever action 30-30 from the US and have it shipped here? I would buy one locally but I cannot find one here that isn't plastic (Buying one for my father as his plastic mag follower has bulged from cleaning oils) As the rifle is rendered basically useless without it, it's a fix he needs done quite soon.

Technically you need a B709 to import mags or mag parts. In most states import permits are free so no reason not to get one. If you can, have the seller include a copy of the permit in the package, but chances are it won't get inspected. Bigger problem is finding somebody in the US willing to ship.

If you can order it through Brownells.com.au they already have importing sorted.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pighunter » 15 Feb 2022, 9:11 pm

Thanks its a bit of a bummer, but I'll see what I can do legally. I'll check Brownells.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by bladeracer » 15 Feb 2022, 9:24 pm

Pighunter wrote:Thanks its a bit of a bummer, but I'll see what I can do legally. I'll check Brownells.

Search the US site first. If they can supply it, see if it comes up on the Aussie site. If not, email them the details and they can add it so you can order it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Queensland gun laws