Have I made an error on my PTA?

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Have I made an error on my PTA?

Post by JimTom » 01 May 2022, 11:23 pm

G’day gents

Recently submitted a PTA (QLD) for a 310 cadet and in the drop down choices for action type I selected falling block. I have since discovered that they also have martini as a choice. I thought martini was a falling block.
Do you reckon I’ve made a blue?
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Re: Have I made an error on my PTA?

Post by No1_49er » 02 May 2022, 9:56 am

(Edit - additional info) An error that is not too difficult to remedy. I've noted several that WLB had ascribed incorrect details to, and have subsequently had those errors corrected.
BTW, it's a good idea to request your current list from them. It used to be the case that they would do this whenever a change was made but not any more. Request the list and make sure that all the details are correct and that there's nothing there that shouldn't be i.e., you've disposed of something and it's still recorded to you.

A Martini action is not a falling block. It is, in the strict sense of the term, a tilting block, and therefore somewhat unique. The block rotates about a hinge-pin at the upper rear of the block.
A falling block is what you will find on a Ruger #1 / #3 etc. The whole of the block is lowered away from the chamber. Similarly the Hi-wall, Low-wall Winchester actions, and many others.
Last edited by No1_49er on 02 May 2022, 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 02 May 2022, 10:00 am

Yeah I did actually do a bit of reading since I posted this and have discovered the difference. Damn it.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 02 May 2022, 10:59 am

When you're sure of the action type for the firearm you're purchasing just notify WLB of the change and they should be able to update the PTA.
Worst case is that you cancel the PTA and get a full refund and submit a new one.

Also, talk to your dealer, they can actually make some changes if they don't match such as serial numbers and barrel lengths but may not be able to help with caliber and action.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 02 May 2022, 3:05 pm

Thank you for the info gents.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 03 May 2022, 6:42 pm

They probably love having to make a minor change to the permit. It would be a break from the monotony of just processing permits day in day out
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 03 May 2022, 11:02 pm

Spoke to WLB on the phone today. They were very helpful, actually more than helpful. All resolved and PTA has been approved.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Queensland gun laws