Moving from SSAA to Shooters Union Cat A/B QLD

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Moving from SSAA to Shooters Union Cat A/B QLD

Post by Pighunter » 12 Jul 2022, 11:27 am

I'm a member of both SSAA and the Shooters Union, I used SSAA as my genuine reason for a firearms licence, if I were to only keep my Shooters Union membership do I notify WLB of my switch of clubs? As far as I can see it just says I must maintain my financial membership of an approved club. But I can't see if I need to notify them of the switch.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Re: Moving from SSAA to Shooters Union Cat A/B QLD

Post by Blr243 » 12 Jul 2022, 2:40 pm

If it were me I would want to provide proof of membership. Initially they are aware of your ssaa membership. Should that membership be checked at any time for any reason they would think that with non existent membership u no longer have a genuine reason to keep guns. Remember ssaa insurance is sometimes preferred if you are hunting on private land. I don’t know if shooters union offer a similar insurance
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Moving from SSAA to Shooters Union Cat A/B QLD

Post by Pighunter » 12 Jul 2022, 4:04 pm

Blr243 wrote:If it were me I would want to provide proof of membership. Initially they are aware of your ssaa membership. Should that membership be checked at any time for any reason they would think that with non existent membership u no longer have a genuine reason to keep guns. Remember ssaa insurance is sometimes preferred if you are hunting on private land. I don’t know if shooters union offer a similar insurance

I may keep both, their yearly fees aren't exactly huge. But I definitely feel like Shooters Union do more for the sport than SSAA do.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to Queensland gun laws