Permission to shoot ?

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Permission to shoot ?

Post by Die Judicii » 18 Feb 2023, 7:59 pm

Does anyone here know,, Can a rent paying tenant on a rural property give consent legally for another person to shoot a feral cat ?
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Permission to shoot ?

Post by S O K A R » 18 Feb 2023, 9:38 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it has to be the actual land owner, but might be worth asking the question none the less.
Found this, not sure if that helps?

Under Section 13 of the Act, a licence applicant whose genuine reason is ‘sports or target shooting’ must be a current member of an approved shooting club. Anyone seeking to licence a firearm for ‘recreational shooting’ must produce written permission from a landowner authorising them to shoot on the owner’s rural land.

https://ssaaqld.org.au/become-a-shooter/current-legislation/#:~:text=Anyone%20seeking%20to%20licence%20a,on%20the%20owner's%20rural%20land.

But that's more for someone wanting to register a firearm for shooting on said property, not sure if the process differs for people with already registered firearms.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by No1Mk3 » 19 Feb 2023, 10:40 am

G'day Die judicii,
According to the Qld Weapons Act 1990, Section 56, Sub (1), "In this section-owner of private land includes the occupier of the land", so yes, the tenant occupying the land can give consent.

This is of course predicated on there not being some restriction in the lease prohibiting the tenant from shooting on the owners land.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 19 Feb 2023, 3:07 pm

find out weather he's only leasing the house paddock or the whole bloody place
Last edited by deye243 on 19 Feb 2023, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Feb 2023, 3:42 pm

Soo, this prompted me to check out the Vic Act. It talks about permission from the owner or occupier of the land.
What happens if the farm manager gives you permission? But the owner does not know.....
(In my case I did meet the owner once and he is ok with me whistling on his farm, so all good.)

Screenshot_20230219-163555_Samsung Notes.jpg
Screenshot_20230219-163555_Samsung Notes.jpg (141.35 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Feb 2023, 9:02 am

Thanks for all input fellas,,,,,,, I've canned the whole thing due to complications between the tenant and the land owner.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 24 Feb 2023, 6:34 pm

I shoot on a place in nsw where the manager gives me permission. Never met tthe owners. They live over seas. They just trust the management with these decisions
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 24 Feb 2023, 7:12 pm

Blr243 wrote:I shoot on a place in nsw where the manager gives me permission. Never met the owners. They live over seas. They just trust the management with these decisions

A manager is different to a tenant though.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Queensland gun laws