Firearms license application wait QLD

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Re: Firearms license application wait QLD

Post by Westy » 18 Aug 2014, 11:05 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Obviously they thought you were Suss :D ;) :D
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 19 Aug 2014, 12:32 am

Westy wrote:Obviously they thought you were Suss :D ;) :D

Are you joking? I don't have any criminal records at all or anything to do with the cops, I'm fit and proper. I've read other people have had there Id checks on the early stages like me as well.
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 19 Aug 2014, 4:04 am

haha yehh who know you might just be one of those lucky people that receives your licence within a reasonable time
Walther century .177 CZ 452 .17HMR
.22LR puma .22LR Browning BL22
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Westy » 19 Aug 2014, 6:44 am

Cali223 wrote:Are you joking? I don't have any criminal records at all or anything to do with the cops, I'm fit and proper. I've read other people have had there Id checks on the early stages like me as well.

Yes I was only joking!!!!!! Sorry if you were offended!!!!!! :evil: :shock: :twisted:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 19 Aug 2014, 9:04 am

Westy wrote:Yes I was only joking!!!!!! Sorry if you were offended!!!!!! :evil: :shock: :twisted:

The question is how long after 28days is up will the licence appear in your mail box?
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by brisb » 19 Aug 2014, 11:28 am

benn1124 wrote:you might just be one of those lucky people that receives your licence within a reasonable time

I'm sorry, the people who what?
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 19 Aug 2014, 5:05 pm

Cali223 wrote:
Westy wrote:Yes I was only joking!!!!!! Sorry if you were offended!!!!!! :evil: :shock: :twisted:

The question is how long after 28days is up will the licence appear in your mail box?

its hard to say your best bet would be give them a ring or flick them an email you might get a deacent answer if your lucky.

got my id check done today sent a copy of the completed forms to weapons applications today so they know its been done.
also rang up and the lady put a note on my application it had been done and she said they were going to continue processing :)
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 19 Aug 2014, 5:54 pm

Yeah i rang them they said the police station sends the ID check documents through to them and also she said 12weeks wait including your 28days, i have also sent a copy of my stamped documents from police station aswell to weapons licencing just incase she also said they dont email you back to confirm that you have attendes the ID check guess its all a waiting game but ill ring them tomorrow to see how my app is going since my 28days has passed!

benn1124 wrote:
Cali223 wrote:

its hard to say your best bet would be give them a ring or flick them an email you might get a deacent answer if your lucky.

got my id check done today sent a copy of the completed forms to weapons applications today so they know its been done.
also rang up and the lady put a note on my application it had been done and she said they were going to continue processing :)
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 19 Aug 2014, 6:06 pm

theyve recently changed how they are doing things on another forum there was a guy whos partner had lodged their application one day and received an email the following day i think to go and do the id check, i wouldnt be getting my hopes up just yet if its only be 4 weeks id probably atleast expect to be waiting 10-12, http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/ check this link out under the section Current Processing Times and Issues theres a word doccument that theyve put out explaining whats going on at the moment.
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 28 Aug 2014, 1:54 pm

Hows your app going you got your licence now or still waiting im 7weeks done now!

benn1124 wrote:theyve recently changed how they are doing things on another forum there was a guy whos partner had lodged their application one day and received an email the following day i think to go and do the id check, i wouldnt be getting my hopes up just yet if its only be 4 weeks id probably atleast expect to be waiting 10-12, http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/ check this link out under the section Current Processing Times and Issues theres a word doccument that theyve put out explaining whats going on at the moment.
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 28 Aug 2014, 4:57 pm

Cali223 wrote:Hows your app going you got your licence now or still waiting im 7weeks done now!

benn1124 wrote:theyve recently changed how they are doing things on another forum there was a guy whos partner had lodged their application one day and received an email the following day i think to go and do the id check, i wouldnt be getting my hopes up just yet if its only be 4 weeks id probably atleast expect to be waiting 10-12, http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/weaponsLicensing/ check this link out under the section Current Processing Times and Issues theres a word doccument that theyve put out explaining whats going on at the moment.

I rang them up today its been processed and done and is waiting to be sent out said i should expect to see it by the end of next week and they've gotten onto the PTA section and they should be sent out the same time so hopefully will have my guns next week. :)
sorry do you mean 7 weeks and you got your licence or just at the 7 week mark ?
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 29 Aug 2014, 8:13 am

licence arrived today in the mail 1 day short of 13 weeks so the waiting for that is finally over, now just gotta try get my ptas faxed to the dealer hopefully go get my guns
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by TikkaT3.223 » 29 Aug 2014, 8:37 am

I put my A + B application in on the 13th of June. Just started being processed last friday.
TikkaT3.223
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 29 Aug 2014, 1:40 pm

Thats awesome man, so the waitinf time is actually 12-13 weeks atm, nah havent got my licence yet im still waiting on 7weeks gone atm, how do you find out if your app is being proccesed or still in the waiting pile!

benn1124 wrote:licence arrived today in the mail 1 day short of 13 weeks so the waiting for that is finally over, now just gotta try get my ptas faxed to the dealer hopefully go get my guns
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 29 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

I put mine in on july 18th, did ID Check already still waiting.

TikkaT3.223 wrote:I put my A + B application in on the 13th of June. Just started being processed last friday.
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by TikkaT3.223 » 29 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm

How did yours get processed faster than mine if they go in a "chronological order"? lol
TikkaT3.223
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 29 Aug 2014, 4:58 pm

Havent got mine yet, how did you find out yours is being assesed?

TikkaT3.223 wrote:How did yours get processed faster than mine if they go in a "chronological order"? lol
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 29 Aug 2014, 6:25 pm

normally it would be when they do your id check, but in your case I'm not to sure and they can get a little bit upset if u call up before 12 weeks, otherwise the way to find out would be to ring up and they'll tell you if its being processed or not, called up about my PTA for my 308 their gonna fax it to QGE for me next thursday which works in awesome cuz I'm working all week until friday...gotta wait for my 30/30 pat tho still has a 28 day wait won't be ready until the 17th of next month
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 29 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm

Hey ben did you know what they actually look for in a successful applicant i know all abouy fit and proper my question is if you have no criminal history and all your documents and proof is fine are you fine? What else do they take into consideration...
Im at 7 weeks as you know should i just wait till 12 weeks then call?
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 29 Aug 2014, 7:38 pm

they ask if you could refrain from calling before 12 weeks, its all pretty straight foreword if u sent all the paper work in it'll pretty much get done when it gets done they have gotten a little bit faster and having already done your id check, id be prepared to wait untill the 12 week mark but if it gets there any sooner its a bonus, just ring them up and tell them you've already done your id check and are just wondering things are at every time iv rang them iv found being as polite as possible they seem fine to talk to except for today with this crabby lady that answered but i called another 2 times and had more than helpful people both times, just say to them that the id checks been done and you were wondering how much longer its going to be and then they'll probably tell you what dates their up too
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 29 Aug 2014, 8:00 pm

Thanks ben ill call them monday wish me luck lol!
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 02 Sep 2014, 5:07 am

Cali223 wrote:Thanks ben ill call them monday wish me luck lol!

Howd u go calling weapons ap ?? did they let u know what was going on
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Westy » 02 Sep 2014, 6:21 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That crabbie old ladies my sister!!!!WTF

Just jokes/!!!!!LOL
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Cali223 » 02 Sep 2014, 2:15 pm

Hey ben just rang them then gave my case ID and she said everything i had provided was OK, and i should be seeing it in the mail not too far off beacuase i had already done my ID Check there just going to have to do the backround check and boom she said itll be in the mail, 2-4 weeks from now!

benn1124 wrote:
Cali223 wrote:Thanks ben ill call them monday wish me luck lol!

Howd u go calling weapons ap ?? did they let u know what was going on
Cali223
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by benn1124 » 04 Sep 2014, 8:44 pm

i got my rifle today :) after 13 weeks and 5 days
.223 tikka 30/30 marlin
.308 tikka
benn1124
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Supporter » 05 Sep 2014, 11:21 am

Booyah!
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by gringobiker » 07 Oct 2014, 4:31 pm

I applied on 18th August - just received my PTA and license in the post. 7 Weeks total which I think would have been 6 if I didn't wait a week to go and do the ID check.
gringobiker
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Previous

Return to Queensland gun laws