Got an email from QLD police.

Questions about Queensland gun and ammunition laws. QLD Weapons Act 1990.

Got an email from QLD police.

Post by MtnMan » 18 May 2023, 1:18 pm

Anyone get an email from QLD police showing their information brochure regarding weapons storage?

Just wondering if it was a blanket email to license holders or a subliminal warning of an impending storage inspection.
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Got an email from QLD police.

Post by No1Mk3 » 18 May 2023, 1:59 pm

Does it matter really? Whether it's everyone or just you, read the brochure and ask yourself "do I comply?". If yes, no probs.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 18 May 2023, 2:56 pm

MtnMan wrote:Anyone get an email from QLD police showing their information brochure regarding weapons storage?

Just wondering if it was a blanket email to license holders or a subliminal warning of an impending storage inspection.

Is there somthing wrong with the word FIREARM?
I know that police, and the legislation, use that word.
But do we really have to perpetuate the falsehood?
The military and police use weapons.
Us plebs, the civilians, use firearms.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 18 May 2023, 4:44 pm

It’s only QLD that does that I think.
Just easier to spell.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 18 May 2023, 5:10 pm

womble wrote:It’s only QLD that does that I think.
Just easier to spell.

FettGrins.gif
FettGrins.gif (2.01 KiB) Viewed 4003 times

That was excellent.

And yes, I have a thing about that also.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 18 May 2023, 5:17 pm

No1_49er wrote:
MtnMan wrote:Anyone get an email from QLD police showing their information brochure regarding weapons storage?

Excellent point.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by S O K A R » 18 May 2023, 7:29 pm

No1_49er wrote:

Reminds me of the labeling of all AR15s in America as "Assault Weapons", not the smartest bunch of cookies.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Fionn » 19 May 2023, 7:32 pm

Proactive policing or they are watching you. :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Jakethefake » 28 May 2023, 11:49 am

No1_49er wrote:

It doesn't do our cause any good to pretend that firearms are not weapons. In any case the second part of the word "firearms" is arms, which means weapons. So you'll need to come up another word other than "firearms" if you don't consider our civilian firearms to be weapons.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by deye243 » 28 May 2023, 2:13 pm

Smoke poll ....... white man's rock chucker .......
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wapiti » 07 Jun 2023, 6:49 am

Back on topic, yeah I did receive the email as well. You were not alone, Mtn Man.
It was sent from the "southern region", at least to me anyway. My wife, also licensed, received one as well.
My first reaction was, is this a precursor for something coming, another safe and storage inspection perhaps? We've had four here.

I'm not concerned, there's nothing wrong with reminding people one of the big things with owning firearms, and that's safe/secure storage. Remember, it's one of the big things those WHO WILL eventually get their way and ban firearms for everybody who sports shoots or hunts, use against us.
Just as I write this, SKY has news stories about the WA kid that got firearms from a safe he wasn't supposed to and shot at a school, and some creep who was a "licensed firearms owner" who shot his kid. And the spotlight is on licensed gun owners again. All more nails in the coffin lid. It's wrong, but the anti's are using it.
All whilst our "organisational representatives" are not political enough in pushing the drivers of all this.

This follows an earlier drive to remind rural people about safe storage and security, as in our region there have been and are, thefts going on by the trash in society that KNOW so many city folk are buying lifestyle blocks, whacking a shed on it, a gunsafe inside, and fly off to their jobs somewhere regionally or back in the big city. Then this trash targets the joint with a Bunnings battery grinder with a skinny on it, and flogs everything in the shed and safe.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by mickb » 11 Jul 2023, 7:11 am

Jakethefake wrote:
No1_49er wrote:

It doesn't do our cause any good to pretend that firearms are not weapons. In any case the second part of the word "firearms" is arms, which means weapons. So you'll need to come up another word other than "firearms" if you don't consider our civilian firearms to be weapons.

exactly mate and funnily enough demonisation of the word weapons is from the anti's and government side of things anyway. Sensitivity and avoidance of the word doesnt solve anything and means we are yet again playing their game.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Queensland gun laws